A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,617
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Rainbow Swap Gallery!!!  (Read 18664 times)
Tags for this thread: rainbow  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
CraftingPassion
« on: August 31, 2007 10:18:06 PM »

Well, since some speedy people have already recieved, I thought I'd get this gallery rolling!

Post your goodies from the swap here.

Disscussion thread-> https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185059.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the day is a vestigial mode of time measurement based on solar cycles... I didn't get you anything
MnkyMama
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007 06:18:52 AM »

^_^ <-----my mark so I don't miss the goodies....so sad I couldn't do this one.  Sad 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Candi_
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007 12:11:01 AM »

Smiley I'm so eager to see what everyone got !!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gleep
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007 09:03:51 AM »

I've received!  Grin (And my poor computer has been resurrected, so I can post photos!)

Sprinklez sent me some wonderful things:

A rainbow wallet:

A rainbow pouch to hold stitch markers...

With rainbow stitchmarkers to start it off:

Rainbow cat toys (as you can see, my cats already love them too much!)

Only thing I don't have a picture of is the lovely rainbow necklace she made out of buttons! It's very cool and I really like it and now I can't find it!

Everything is absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much, sprinklez!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprinklez
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007 09:03:56 PM »

Yay I'm glad you liked everything! And that your computer decided that it wanted to be alive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

You cannot master what you will not try

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007 05:43:21 PM »

Ok, I received from spydie.

First, the package:

Second opening of the package.  This was actually pretty cool:

All of the goodies inside:

There was an awesome bag, with rainbow handles even.  Very well put together. Also a pin. I believe everything was made using the same fabric.

And last, a checkbook cover.  The outside:

And the inside:

Thanks, Amber.  Everything was great.  The checkbook is already in use and the bag will be very soon.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2007 05:51:27 PM by pinokeeo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

47/50 done
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007 06:32:20 PM »

those are lovely rainbow goodies!  I can't wait to see more! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
spydie
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007 07:19:14 PM »

I really wish I could have gotten a close up of the items, but my camera is being a douche. (As you can tell, It likes to make things white).  I believe a majority of the items are recycled!  The purse/tote (which I am totally using already) is crocheted from bedsheets, the guitar pics (in a rainbow of colors) look like they are made from old gift cards, there are two cards (and somehow one did not make it into the picture) one with a fish and the other has pictures that my swap partner (pinokeeo) took herself, a rainbow postcard, a box, and two bowl/container things -- one looks like its made from card stock or some sort of cardboard, and the other one is from cds.  I love everything dearly.  My guitar is very happy that I'm not playing it with coins anymore, hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007 07:32:01 PM »

aww, this is exciting! i love rainbows. weee ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007 09:49:11 PM »

The picks are made from old gift cards, and the paper bowl is actually the backs of old greetings cards.  The photo of the rainbow that I took was actually both ends of the same rainbow.

Glad you like everything, Spydie. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

47/50 done
gleep
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007 08:34:19 AM »

guitar picks! That's so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nuhbe
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007 01:54:09 PM »

spydie I love the fabrics you used!! And package is sooo lovely...

pinokeeo The bowls are super cool!! I like all your recycled things

I'm very excited with this swap  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honeyd
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

warning: do not eat your fortune.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007 04:26:21 PM »

I didn't even know we had a gallery yet!!  Oh man....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nuhbe
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007 12:36:11 PM »

Here what I received:

A bag filled of yummy things:

Some flower pins, stickers, and a purse made with a super cute fabric and a zipper with shrinkplastic stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinokeeo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007 01:11:07 PM »

Love the rainbow purse.  So colorful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects challenge

47/50 done
locamama
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007 06:38:43 PM »

Oooh, I wish I had been in the rainbow swap.  Great goodies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007 08:54:07 PM »

this is the second time i've seen rolos in someone's craftiness in the past 2 minutes. i want some now. ^_^ i love that purse, it's pirdy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2007 09:17:41 AM »

Im glad you like everything Nuhbe.. just dont eat all the candy at once.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
Nuhbe
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2007 02:46:53 PM »

Im glad you like everything Nuhbe.. just dont eat all the candy at once.. Smiley

LOL Don't worry i'm good, I'm tasting them moderately I hope you do the same  Wink

People, I forgot to say bag is made from a pullover and a belt, I love things made of other things!!! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cardigan
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2007 01:26:00 AM »

Recieved today!
I was asleep and my mum comes in and tells me Ive got mail, when I realised what it was I didnt even get angry at her!
littlegreendragonfly sent me some amazing stuff, a great tote bag, a small drawstring bag, a tiiiiny cute wee notebook, paper ribbon which will be great for wrapping presents, a cute wee picture thing that I think I will let my little brother do, and a lollypop that got eaten straightaway.
I love everything, and it was a perfect time to get a bag because mine is falling apart and I was about to go out and buy a new one! No need to now!

I will post pictures as soon as a get my hands on a camera, unless Carla took some and wants to beat me to it.
What a great first swap experience!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2007 03:00:36 AM »

I'm glad you really liked it.

I have taken some photos - but i am current;y having issues putting them on craftster - I will resolve this after tuesday (HUGE UNI ASSIGNEMENT DUE MONDAY -argh).

Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listening to the wind bustle past...and watching Muppet (the bearded dragon) sleep. This is lovely!
iloveoctopus
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2007 08:39:14 PM »

i received from honeyd! i got wonderfully rainbowy yarn that she handspun and that spunkyeclectic (sp?) dyed, some skittles that i'm currently eating, soap that she felted on that was made by fluxity, and a really cool necklace with felted beads! i'll post pics later when i find the memory card. ^_^  oh yes, she also included directions to make a rainbow star baby blanket with the yarn, but i think it's going to end up being a scarf...cause my baby has way too many blankets and i don't have enough scarfs. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007 01:36:29 AM »

iloveoctopus - I just read that as "i'm currently eating soap"

and that has me in stiches Tongue
sounds like a nice package Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Listening to the wind bustle past...and watching Muppet (the bearded dragon) sleep. This is lovely!
honeyd

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007 12:45:48 PM »

little green dragonfly -- the soap smells good enough, I wouldn't be surprised!!

I received from iloveoctopus yesterday!!

she sent me a fantasticly long rainbow scarf, a rockin' rainbow picture frame, a crocheted cupcake amigurumi, a yellow embroidered tote, and a really cool rainbow-plastic-melted vessel...  how on EARTH did you make that?  It's so cool!!!

pictures coming soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2007 05:19:26 PM »

little green dragonfly -- the soap smells good enough, I wouldn't be surprised!!

I received from iloveoctopus yesterday!!

she sent me a fantasticly long rainbow scarf, a rockin' rainbow picture frame, a crocheted cupcake amigurumi, a yellow embroidered tote, and a really cool rainbow-plastic-melted vessel...  how on EARTH did you make that?  It's so cool!!!

pictures coming soon!

well...i made the pattern in a pie tin and gave it to my boyfriend to melt at his house and he left it in really long and then he let it cool. and then i went over and stuck a glass in the oven and put it on top and let it melt. that is what i was talking about when i said it was stuck, we got it off, but the yellow and orange broke a bit. i'm glad you like it all though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007 05:57:48 PM »

Cheesy Yeeeah! [wigglebouncedance] My package from Ma Rut just arrived and it is awesome!!!!
Now with PHOTOS!!! Crappy photos, but photos just the same (I blame the disposable camera).

Here's everything together, minus the Chiclets which didn't last long enough to photograph:  Smiley

My close-ups of the beads didn't turn out.  Sad They're polymer clay beads cut from logs of swirly clay; I can't remember the technical term for them right now. [edit: "Millifiori!"] Quite cool.

My reusable shopping bag! I really wanted one and intended to do the recent craft-along, but I have no sewing machine. The side says "Asexual," not "4sexual," as it appears in the picture (Yes, I asked for something referring to asexuality).

The bag is reversible, white inside. The heart is sewn on and serves as a pocket!

Here's the coolest thing of all -- the hat!
All the detail, and the blending of one color into the next...magnificent.  

I love my swap package. Thank you Ma Rut!!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010 08:06:16 PM by calluna » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut
A Made-In-The-South Original

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007 06:08:29 PM »

I'm glad you liked everything, calluna Cheesy I had an awesome time craftin' for you!

Everyone, calluna deserves a huge apology from me because even though she told me she didn't have a camera, I STILL forgot to take photos before I sent Embarrassed (:still kicking myself:), so she's having to go the extra mile to take photos. She should get bonus points!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonshire

if you're going to san francisco...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007 08:19:32 PM »

I received!!!  Nuhbe sent me an amazing package
Here's everything (please note the cat legs weren't from nuhbe, the cat wanted to steal all my stuff though):

I think my favorite thing is an amazing necklace she made out of clay. Its macaroni beads..well sorta and in rainbows and so amazing.. I already plan on wearing it tomorrow night to a party Im going to.

She also made a wrist pin cushion out of felt.. Its great and I'm always sewing and have been needing a new pin cushion so it will get lots of use.

She also decorated a small notepad with a rainbow and in the inside a pot of gold (with really cool euros.. well cool for me at least)

She also made some colortherapy musical playlists.. each color has a theme and songs that go with it

And.. (yes there's more)
tons of candy!!!  and all put together to show the colors of the rainbow!!  sadly my fiance and I have eaten more than half of it.. (Im currently on sugar high number 2 of the evening)

All in all this was a great swap.. and my love for rainbows has definately grown..  I can't wait to see some more of everyone else's pics
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Would you not like to be?  -DMB
http://seaddlebags.blogspot.com/
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2007 08:36:41 PM »

cool a musical playlist!  I'd love to know what's on it.
That some cool stuff Nuhbe sent, Moonshire!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Nuhbe
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007 01:08:10 PM »

moonshire I'm sooo glad you liked what I sent you!!!
 I love to swap because is very exciting craft to someone you don't know, I love the process of get information about her etc etc but I hate to wait to my partner to receive!!! :S

I think my favorite thing is an amazing necklace she made out of clay. Its macaroni beads..well sorta and in rainbows and so amazing.. I already plan on wearing it tomorrow night to a party Im going to.

I thought necklace would be too big so you make me happy saying that ^__________^

Kiwimonkey I perfectly remember the playlist, so here it goes!!!

Yellow The colour about intelligence,wisdom...
Chopin-Polonesa n6-Heroica
Andres Segovia- Recuerdos de la Alhambra
Liu Fang- The moon is high (traditional chinese music played with pipa)

Orange Energy, imagination...
Emiliana torrini-Sunny Road
311-Amber
Travis-Side
Michael Buble- Feeling Good
Audiovent- The eNergy
Incubus-the warmth (My favorite song ever)

Red Color about passion, love...
oobastank-Inside of you
The Poodles-Night of passion
Alice Cooper-You're My Temptation
Scorpions-Still Lovin You
Bon Jovi-Bed of roses

Purple The espiruality color
The Tea Party- Inanna
Kula shaker- govinda ( I really love this song)
The Ananda Shakar Experience an dstate of Bengal- Pluck
Anoushka Shakar- Raag Kirwani

Blue It transmits calm
Moby-Porcelain
Morcheeba-The Sea
Hooverphonic- The Waves
Corinne bayle Rae-Breathless
Dredg-Walk in the park

Green The color of the nature and harmony
Hevia-Tierra de nadie (Hevia is a spanish piper who invented an electronic bagpipe)
Luar na lubre- O son do ar
Mike Oldfield- The Voyager
Incubus-Aqueous Transmission

I did the playlist thinking in mini CD with 24" for sound.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwimonkey
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007 01:20:59 PM »

That's a cool playlist!!  I'm going to have to check out some of those songs! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I ♥ swaps!
Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007 02:24:08 PM »

Incubus-Aqueous Transmission

I'm not a big Incubus fan, but that song is AWESOME! I love, love, love it Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dazee
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2007 05:32:47 PM »

I got my package a wonderful knitted rainbow bag and scarf and some yummy smelling soaps. I took some pics but they came out kind of crappy so I am going to take some more tonight and post them I will leave you with this one though because I thought it was funny.  I was trying to have the baby pose with the scarf on and the flash bothers her so she looks like she had a wild night during Dinah Shore week  Cheesy

blessing
Kym
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Blessed and Free
www.dazeesworld.com
cardigan
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2007 05:34:55 PM »

Wow, what a great scarf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i am sorry for being a bad, rude swapper. i am sorry to all the partners i flaked on, and all the feelings i hurt. i feel really guilty, my life is messed up right now and i got greedy and selfish. i didnt think about anything but getting nice things. i am so sorry everyone. i'll be leaving now.
dazee
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2007 05:45:24 PM »

I know I love it. I had it with me when I went to the dentist yesterday and he tried to take it. Maybe I will try to crohet something similar for him to cheer him up a bit. His partner of many years has cancer and he is not expected to live much longer  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live Blessed and Free
www.dazeesworld.com
calluna

« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2007 05:49:59 PM »

I know I love it. I had it with me when I went to the dentist yesterday and he tried to take it. Maybe I will try to crohet something similar for him to cheer him up a bit. His partner of many years has cancer and he is not expected to live much longer  Sad

That's really sad. If you do make one, it would certainly be a good posting for the "Crafting for Good Causes" board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveoctopus
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2007 05:00:12 AM »

first what i sent to honeyd!
crocheted cupcake and melted bead pencil cup
striped paper and buttons frame (sorry it's blurry)
really long rainbow scarf and yellow tote with rainbowy felt scene
happy cloud rainbow magnets (feel free to call my brother if you figure out the last 4 digits!)

and what i received from honeyd!

awesome rainbow felted bead necklace! i'm wearing this to my 80s party woo!
hand spun and hand dyed yarn! i've never had this before and i'm super excited!!!

i couldn't get a good picture of the soap, it comes out like a blurry blob, worse than the picture frame haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2007 07:34:48 AM »

I love that button frame! Smiley

So yesterday I got THE MOST AMAZING PACKAGE EVER!!! Calluna spoiled me rotten! And yes, I did tear up Smiley Here is the overall shot, but I took TONS and will posting great up-close shots later! She sent me an amazingly detailed altered book, an equally amazingly detailed Jacob's ladder, a wonderful eye mask filled with flax seeds and lavendar (!!!) and some yummy scented tealight candles in rainbow colors!

She took a theme from a song that I love and ran with it! The song is "Keep On Livin'" by Le Tigre, and it has a logo (you can see her beautiful needlework on the book on the left!). That song means the world to me. It's one thing for someone to craft you something awesome, but it's another thing for someone to craft you something both awesome and extremely meaningful and personal to you! I'm so touched at the effort and insane amount of detail she put into everything! Grin

More pics to come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007 09:17:58 PM »

Please see page 3 for my photos of my great swappage from Ma Rut! They're big photos, just to prepare you, since you'll be looking straight into the heart of rainbow-heaven.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2007 12:12:27 AM »

Iloveoctopus-I love the frame, scarf, and bag!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
iloveoctopus
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007 07:50:34 AM »

Iloveoctopus-I love the frame, scarf, and bag!!!

thank you! ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nuhbe
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007 12:19:59 PM »

raynbow I love your scarf!! So clever!!

iloveoctopus Your picture frame it's very cute, I like all you sent to your partner.

Ma Rut I waiting for more detailed pictures, your package looks so good!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2007 01:45:26 PM »

I'm glad you liked your hat, calluna! Smiley It took me 5 tries before I got it right. And I loved the way the colors came out! I started holding two strands together of rainbow yarn, and it was interesting how just when I got through the crown, the yarns met up and formed big color patches, then broke apart again right when I got to the "rim" area. It was completely unintentional!

Ok, so finally have more pics uploaded! I'm going to post my favorites here and they with the rest can be found here.

First, the amazing Jacob's ladder! Again going with the theme "Keep On Livin'" by Le Tigre. The song breaks down toward the end and that's where my favorite lyrics are. I don't know how she knew that, but those were the lyrics she put on here! Grin

Front and back, all wrapped up:

Unleashed!

A few of my favorite close-ups! Please go to the link above to see all the lovely panels! They're so detailed.

And the book!!!

All wrapped up, look how thick it is!

AMAZING COVER! calluna is a needlepoint goddess Wink

Some of my favorite pages, seriously, go check out the rest!!! (link above)

Stuffed with awesome paper! Also had really cool writing prompts that were really well thought out Smiley It was also covered in definitions of gender identity roles, which I love studying.

Thanks again so much calluna!!! Kiss Kiss Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ma Rut

Swap Addict, officially.

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2007 01:48:50 PM »

Also, here's my favorite lyrics, which calluna so awesomely depicted all over the Jacob's ladder and altered book Grin

"Look up to the sky sky sky
Take back your own tonight
You'll find more than you see It's time now now get ready
So you can taste that sweet sweet cake and
Feel the warm water in a lake (y'know)
What about the nice cool breeze and
Hear the buzzing of the bumble bees
Live beyond those neighborhood lives and
Go past that yard outside and
Push thru their greatest fears and
live past your memories tears cuz
You don't need to scratch inside no just please
Hold on to your pride
So don't let them bring you down and
Don't let them f**k you around cuz
Those are your arms that is your heart and
No no they can't tear you apart
they can't take it away now cuz
This is your time this is your life and
This is your time this is your life and....

You gotta keep on(keep on livin!)
Gotta keep on(keep on livin!)..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeyd

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007 05:35:36 PM »

Ok, so I'm sure you're all ready to kill me by now, but I FINALLY have photos!!!

First what the lovely Iloveoctopus sent me!

This is the super cool melted vessel.  I love this!!!  It's so shiney!!!

Then we have the super bag she made me!! It's soooo pretty, and rainbow to the supreme!

This is the fantastic scarf she made me!!  I can't wait for it to get cooler so I can wear this all the time!!!

Her picture of the cupcake is much better then mine, but I have a couple of close ups for the magnets =D

This is the picture frame!  I LOVE it!!!!  Thank you so much!!!!

Then what I sent:

Sorry for the wait!  I hope it was worth it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iloveoctopus
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007 07:46:46 PM »

your pictures came out so much better than mine! i'm glad you like everything! i'm working on making stuff with that yarn! but i can only work on a little at a time cause my 9 month old likes to grab yarn and crawl away >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

honeyd

« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2007 06:48:55 AM »

haha, I know the feeling.  My dog tends to roll around in my mom's yarn constantly. 

I can't wait to see what you make when it's all done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...