A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
325 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: cupcake help please  (Read 1275 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

clawitter

oi with the poodles already!

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2007 11:08:28 AM »

to everyone else making the cupcake. i have finished all the parts (after much trouble with mistakes in the pattern that didn't seem to be in the errata). i also only came out with 6 stitches on each side of the neck and 18 in the middle instead of 8 on each side as some people on the forum have said there should be.

but now i have another question. i have never made a garment before and have no idea about how to do the seams. how do i sew everything together?Huh? sorry if that's a stupid question.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life would be an altogether supreme experience if i had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling

i would love to do (personal) swaps

http://www.wists.com/clawitter
clawitter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007 12:13:22 AM »

alright, i am hoping someone can help me.....i did most of the seams, but i can't figure out how the sleeves are supposed to fit in there. apart from the fact that the shirt is too long and not big enough, i am still determined to finish it, but the sleeves refuse to cooperate.....any ideas? oh and does anyone have a suggestion as to the next clothing project? i need a simple one because apparently this one was too advanced.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life would be an altogether supreme experience if i had a colored pencil long enough to draw on the ceiling

momma2many
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007 07:39:31 AM »

I had to alter it so much I am just going to chaneg the sleeves and crochet into them.  My guess it that you have to just match the bottom and top and then adjust them in to make them fit like with sewing. I am going to sc around mine and then finish with a shell pattern sleeve instead
anna
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lovely Lesley
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007 05:30:47 AM »

I just finished this a couple of months ago. It turned out pretty good. It was the first garment I've ever made, so don't get too frustrated. The thing to keep in mind with sewing it all together, is that things aren't going to match up perfectly. The sleeves sucked! I had to rip them out twice a piece. To do the seams, I laid the pieces out on my floor,insides up, side by side. then I started at the bottom. Cut enough yarn to stitch one side, but leave enough of a tail at the bottom to secure it. Then, stitch up the side (i think there is a section in the book about this, in the front). The one thing to keep in mind as you are sewing it up, is that you are sewing on the inside. I forgot, and had to rip half of it out. I can give you better instructions if you want to send me a message if this doesnt help. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night."  - Edgar Allan Poe
clawitter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007 06:01:13 AM »

thanks for the message. i finished it a few days ago without any ripping or re-doing. i was pretty pleased with it. i'll post pictures later in a different thread. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...