Swap name: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 6
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: itscute
Sign-up date range: Aug 30, 2007 - Sept 14, 2007 (I'm on Hong Kong time)
Date to send item by: Oct 5, 2007
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25 right now.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? n/a
All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages, if <18 please check with your folks first.
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed at least one swap successfully before signing up for more: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
1. If this is your first swap please read: (https://www.craftster.org/swapsinfo.html
) to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
2. Please bookmark this thread and/or post here. All updates will be made here and this will help you to keep up with everything.
3. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
- great swapper: for those who follow all the rules
- good/poor communication: where applicable
- sent late/early: where applicable
4. Please put "Magic Yarn Ball Swap 6" in the title of PM's
5. Please create a parcel that you would like to receive. Do some research on your partner. Smiley
Please note: this is my first swap as an organizer, please bear with me!
Details of swap:
This is the MAGIC YARN BALL SWAP!! You will send your partner a project kit consisting of a one-skein pattern and yarn of corresponding weight/length for the pattern. The really fun part is that you will first make the yarn into a "magic yarn ball." This means that you re-wind the yarn yourself, hiding little trinkets and treats inside the yarn as you go. Some ideas already suggested include tiny toys; candy; crafting supplies; jewelry; etc.
A good description of a Magic Yarn Ball is here: http://whipup.net/2006/04/25/kids-yarn-project-the-magic-wool-ball/
Since we're all crafty people, it goes without saying that we should craft some of the treats ourselves. As a guideline, 15-20 things in the yarn ball and 4-5 of them be small crafts made by yourself.
When you sign up, let your partner know if you already know what you want the yarn for ("I would like yarn so I can make the MagKnits Sophie Bag"); or, if you have a general idea ("I would like yarn and a pattern for a felt handbag"); or, if you just want a surprise pattern. If you have more than one idea for a pattern, feel free to give your partner a choice of patterns to choose from.
A few notes:
- this is for one-skein or one-ball projects. However, if you want to arrange with your partner to do projects that take more than one yarn ball, you can jointly decide to do that if you both want to do so.
-please don't ask your partner to supply you with a photocopied pattern from a book (which is against copyright). There are tons of free patterns out there online- this is a great opportunity to get that special yarn for an online project you've been meaning to try. Or, you can ask your partner for the yarn to go with a pattern in a book that you already own.
Original swap idea discussion here: https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=188254.0
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 6
Your real name:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside of your country?
What one-ball/skein project(s) do you want to make with your magic ball? (if you know what pattern you want, include the link to that. Or, indicate if you prefer a surprise):
do you want a pattern for knit/crochet or something elser?
For the above, please indicate your skill level so you get a pattern that suits you:
Preferred yarn types (e.g. wool, acrylic, cotton, etc.):
Any yarn (or other) allergies?
Things you can make to go in the magic yarn ball:
Things you would like to receive in the magic yarn ball:
Anything else you want your partner to know:
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:
1.misslilamae ->Diana dOr
6.jenna rose ->whyme81687
18.whyme81687 ->jenna rose
22.Diana dOr ->misslilamae
(if I've missed anyone as a newbie swapper, let me know!!)sent