A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 321,366
Currently Running With Scissors:
203 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: batwing shawl  (Read 8167 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

RavenMaiden

The true RavenMaiden

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2004 06:52:54 PM »

I'm new here and thought I'd show something that I made.  I have had many requests for these!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010 10:35:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victims, aren't we all?
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004 07:34:55 PM »

Woaah. Did you design it yourself? Or go from a pattern, if possible, could you share?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
CrazeeMoi
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004 08:18:04 PM »

I am like.............. WOW!!  that is beautiful!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flamethrower

Breath deeply/Exhale/Let go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004 05:32:59 AM »

That is awesome.  I love that pattern.  Is it the Seraphina shawl?  If so, how was your experience with the pattern?  I want to make one, but am afraid the instructions will get confusing....
Not hard to do with me  Roll Eyes

Yours looks beautiful!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Mary Oliver "wild geese"

http://wildyarn.blogspot.com
crosette
Ultimate Procrastinator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004 08:00:47 PM »

Your shawl is sooo pretty...

If it is the Seraphina shawl I've been wanting to make it for my SIL....what kind of yarn did you use?

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy. Come here, Squishy...Come here, little Squishy...bzzzzt...Ow! Bad squishy, bad Squishy!! - Dory
RavenMaiden

The true RavenMaiden

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004 06:33:03 PM »

That is awesome.  I love that pattern.  Is it the Seraphina shawl?  If so, how was your experience with the pattern?  I want to make one, but am afraid the instructions will get confusing....

Yours looks beautiful!!

Thanks for all the great comments!    Cheesy
This is the Seraphina shawl... think her page is http://www.angelfire.com/journal2/donisfuff/croshawl.html for the one poster who wanted it.  The pattern was a touch foncusing, but what I did was print out 2 copies of it.  One had JUST the pictures, the other was JUST the pattern.  I did have to look at the pictures once in a while to make sure I was where I should be, but after the first few rows, you'll find you don't need the pattern at all (you'll always do the same things every row, you'll just do one row a V stitch, next row will be a \\// then the next row is a \\\///)  For that shawl I used Aunt Lydia's cro denim (Wal*Mart had it on sale for 2/$1).  My favorite thing about this shawl is that it starts from the point so you don't have an annoyingly long start chain to work with and also you can make it little enough for a child or big enough for an adult just by how many rows you feel like doing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victims, aren't we all?
RavenMaiden

The true RavenMaiden

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004 05:51:56 AM »

Yours looks beautiful!!

I took a look at my print out of the pattern and I noticed I did make a few notations.  Nothing major, she just stopped writing a few parts of the pattern after she got to the 5th and 6th row.  These are the ONLY notations I made, which is great, cause when I made Stitch Diva's Baroque jacket, I made a ton of notes!  LOL!  Every row that starts with a ch 4 also has a DC in same stitch and every row (starting with row 2) ends with "ch 1, V stitch (dc, ch 1, dc) in 3rd ch of turning ch of previous row THEN turn".  She writes these instructions the first few rows, but for some reason didn't write them for the others... but when you look at the pictures, you can see you are supposed to keep doing them. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victims, aren't we all?
flamethrower

Breath deeply/Exhale/Let go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004 06:13:07 AM »

Thank you so much for the tips!
I will make this shawl-- I will--I will and seeing others beautiful examples gives me inspiration  Grin

~D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Mary Oliver "wild geese"

http://wildyarn.blogspot.com
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004 07:04:07 AM »

Wow! Thanks so much for the pattern/tips. Your notes probably saved me ALOT of confusion. I probably wont be able to make this til after Christmas, too busy...but now I'm really excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
dewbaby00
Check this out...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2004 02:14:19 PM »

Do you know if there is a way to print just the word part of the pattern without the pics? I want to try and make this shawl
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crosette
Ultimate Procrastinator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2004 10:19:57 PM »

Do you know if there is a way to print just the word part of the pattern without the pics? I want to try and make this shawl

When I printed the pattern I only wanted the words too (there are just too many pics) so I just highlighted the words between the pics and copy/pasted them into MSWord section by section. I don't know if there's an easier way to do it but...

Hope this helps  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy. Come here, Squishy...Come here, little Squishy...bzzzzt...Ow! Bad squishy, bad Squishy!! - Dory
littleone1098

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2004 09:12:12 AM »

cant you just copy and paste all of it into word, and then delete the pictures?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crosette
Ultimate Procrastinator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004 02:02:24 AM »

cant you just copy and paste all of it into word, and then delete the pictures?

that too... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrteaslady
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004 04:29:12 AM »

I found that the easiest way to get the pattern without all the pics is to copy and paste to notepad. Notepad only copies the words and you don't even have to worry about the oics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
September 19, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Color Splash Feathers
Everybody Poops.

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...