A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,675
Currently Running With Scissors:
315 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Reading Rainbow Swap round??  (Read 41050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Astica
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2007 01:03:21 PM »

My sister is 5 years younger and I remember her going crazy for Babysitters Club books and Goosebumps.
Everyone in my grade was crazy about Goosebumps! I stayed clear of them cause I was scared easily, didn't like horror etc. etc.
Until one day I picked one up and realized it wasn't scary - -; but the plots didn't really do it for me - so I never really caught on.

I own a few teen pick-your-own-ending books. Two were just for the heck of it, and two cost 50cents each at my library - I technically bought them for a friend cause I know she'd be soooo happy - -;
The first two are "What if everyone knew your name?" and "What if you broke all the rules"

As a kid I had a Where in the World is Carmen Sandiago book! You'd flip about to try and find her ^^ The set-up was like a pick-your-own-ending book.

Ususally though I'm not really into the sectioned reading, so they usually end up just being kind of tedious for me XD

The 50cent ones were basically books where you end up with a guy. And being a pick-your-own-ending book, they're three different guys you could possibly end up with. I almost vomited in my brain when I saw those pieces of trash XD But having a friend who's completely boy-crazy and loves to read, I kneww I just had to get them XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: December 20, 2007 01:10:16 PM »

The 50cent ones were basically books where you end up with a guy. And being a pick-your-own-ending book, they're three different guys you could possibly end up with. I almost vomited in my brain when I saw those pieces of trash XD But having a friend who's completely boy-crazy and loves to read, I kneww I just had to get them XD

Hahaha

I never did chose-your-own-ending books... it would make my brain itch. I'd have to read it front to back anyway. Wink If I want my own ending, I write my own book Cheesy

I had a Carmen SanDiego game! At the dawn of cd-roms for PCs... Tongue I sooo wish I could play it again, but all those old games bug out for me on my new systems, and I somehow never get simulators working. Simulators and technology "made for women to use", never work for me. (Embroidery programs, washing machines... I'm a programmer, I can do servers and I can do games - can't get the simulators or embroidery proggies to work)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
ollieorange
« Reply #212 on: December 20, 2007 04:25:00 PM »

I remember in school just LOVING those Pick Your Own Adventure books.  So you follow the story and in certain parts it asks you 2 questions and you pick one and turn to a certain page and continue on with the stories.  So you could read the book a few times and each time it is a diffrent story.

My sister is 5 years younger and I remember her going crazy for Babysitters Club books and Goosebumps.

I LOVE CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURES! I would always go back if I didn't like the ending I got. My MIL(she runs the FOL booksale at Sequoya branch- check it out sometime taunya1978!)  gave me a whole bunch of them, I was surprised reading them now that you die a lot in them.....  or maybe I just make really bad choices? I swear there is one that the only ending is to die!
A choose your own adventure totebag would be cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DaisyTattoo
« Reply #213 on: December 20, 2007 04:27:34 PM »

I loved the Chronicles of Narnia. Best book series ever. I also read the Babysitters Club and Goosebumps books. I also read the VC Andrews books as well. Those were so addicting! In fact, I have the majority of them in a box in my basement.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

taunya1978
« Reply #214 on: December 20, 2007 07:24:34 PM »

I remember in school just LOVING those Pick Your Own Adventure books.  So you follow the story and in certain parts it asks you 2 questions and you pick one and turn to a certain page and continue on with the stories.  So you could read the book a few times and each time it is a diffrent story.

I LOVE CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURES! I would always go back if I didn't like the ending I got. My MIL(she runs the FOL booksale at Sequoya branch- check it out sometime taunya1978!)  gave me a whole bunch of them, I was surprised reading them now that you die a lot in them.....  or maybe I just make really bad choices? I swear there is one that the only ending is to die!
A choose your own adventure totebag would be cool!

Is that the one on Midvale?  Because I pass that branch like 3 times a week.  Dont hurt me.. but I dont even have a Madison Library card.  I just never even thought about getting one.  Because the branches I went to were bleek and I didnt get a curl up and read vibe from there. (Park st. ..eeekk)  Is there a big one downtown?  I might try that one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PandaShrew

Roller derby is the best cult EVER!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2007 01:19:01 AM »

I love the "Chronicles of Narnia" books but omnipotent being help you if you say to me, in your compleat ignorance, that "the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe" is the first in the series (not that anyone here would think that). ARRGH  Angry. This really ticks me off. Why don't they start the films with "The Magician's Nephew", it has an amazing story line and then "tLtWtW". Although "A Horse and His Boy" is my favorite of all of them. I used to read them sitting next to my mum in her uni lectures when she was doing English lit. They have great memories for me books, thats why I have so many. I cant get rid of something that holds a memory for me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Also known as Scourge of Quad

Would love to do a personal swap for a Zecora!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2007 01:36:39 AM »

I tried re-reading the horse and his boy, and was too bored. I don't know why, though, maybe I had sat down to read something else when I did.
I love The Magician's Nephew (in swedish translated to My Uncle The Magician - mind you I was only seven when my mom read it to me first time), but I understand that they don't start films with it. Movies, as a whole, are made for stupid people. I'm not saying stupid people watch them, but they're often made for stupid people. Stupid people wouldn't get the change of main characters like that, for example Roll Eyes Stupid people need more flare than story, and couldn't handle the wicked and or vicious endings of certain books either... Stupid people wouldn't understand the build up for a series such as Narnia Wink
(For example, the ending of Stardust has such a beautifully melancholic point, which they made into the exact opposite in the movie. Wohoo. I did enjoy the movie though.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #217 on: December 21, 2007 09:03:28 AM »

I saw the Stardust movie first, and after a few pages, I just treated them like two completely different entities that happened to have the same name. It was easier that way... I got to love them both without being annoyed by the movie.

Also, I agree about movies and stupid people. Look at the Potter movies.
Here's the formula I'm fairly certain they used to make them:
Book-plot/charecter development=pure action
pure action+ CGI= $$$CHA-CHING$$$
That's basically it.

OH and did everyone love the Dudley/Harry hug in the last book? Broke my heart...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: December 21, 2007 09:05:53 AM »

OH and did everyone love the Dudley/Harry hug in the last book? Broke my heart...

Yeah, that was very endearing ^^ I didn't like how drawn out and overly talky "the end" was though, it just felt like a repetition of the same thing for ages and ages. Eventually I just wanted either of them to be blasted so they'd shut up Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jewelaroni
I'm a PInja RoBoy!

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #219 on: December 21, 2007 09:22:27 AM »

HA!! yeah... I was like... hey where's the action?

OH NO!! The movies have changed me..... AAAAAAH!! Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Grapenuts, Carl."

I'm taking a break from swaps. :'(

Go hang a salami, I'm a lasagna hog.
I <3 Dale Cooper.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 51 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
October 17, 2018 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Magic Wands
Halloween Houses (Haunted, of course!)

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...