A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 315,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
244 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sewing machine = boat anchor  (Read 2078 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

fractalash
« on: August 20, 2007 08:15:33 PM »

oh for all that's holy. i don't know what sort of curse i've brought upon myself but my sewing machine and i can't seem to work together so well lately - and just when i'm posied to start some fall projects. i'm in 76126 and there's $15 an hour in it for the first crafty bad@ss who can help me figure out my bobbin and tension woes. if you're the master of the simple singer, email me please ashley at bella dash luna dot org (no spaces, of course). i need a crash course in making friends with my sewing machine and i need it with a quickness.

anyone? anyone?

xo ash
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what?!?! you want to trade me some cool stuff for all this extra fabric i have??
http://www.craftster.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1745&sort=1&cat=21&page=1

oh yeah - come hang with us DFW crafty types!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.0
mimi123333
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007 08:19:37 PM »

I've been having the same trouble with mine too.  Whatever you find out could you pass my way?  Pretty please!  The last thing I tried was cleaning it all out and oiling it up and it started working again, but who knows for how long.

Good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Promise me you'll always remember:
you're braver than you believe, and
stronger than you seem and
smarter than you think"
-- Christopher Robin to Pooh
SpottedFrog
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007 06:24:40 PM »

fractal, I have no idea where you live : (
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fractalash
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007 09:31:24 AM »

i'm in fort worth. 76126. figured out that i'm not completely looney, it IS my sewing machine... some weird tension thing with the bobbin that i can't seem to un-fark; i've sought counsel from several seasoned sewers with no luck. still open to the thought of soemone showing me why it's jacked up Smiley any takers? xo ash
THIS ROCKS   Logged

what?!?! you want to trade me some cool stuff for all this extra fabric i have??
http://www.craftster.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1745&sort=1&cat=21&page=1

oh yeah - come hang with us DFW crafty types!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=125401.0
SpottedFrog
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007 10:54:27 AM »

Sounds like a call for professional help. Honestly if you are willing to pay an amature $15, $30 for a professional isn't that bad. Call around to shops in your area or ask at your favorite fabric shop, they can tell you who will not only fix your machine but teach you about it too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Washer Necklace
Can't Fool Mother Nature
Meatless Monday: Mexican Bean Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...