A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
165 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Invite Your Partner Swap! HPIYP!! (signup 8/16-8/31, send 10/6)  (Read 33113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: October 07, 2007 07:23:05 PM »

okay I am all done. I will be shipping out tomorrow! I had a bit of an accident today. I cut my nail off while slicing shallots for dinner. No need to go to the hospital, so that is good.

Oh no! OUCH!  Glad you're okay!  (and i can't wait for my package Wink).  Also, I don't think you'll be mailing tomorrow, because tomorrow is a postal holiday (Columbus Day). I don't want you going to the PO and then finding out it's closed. Though, I guess you can still use the automated machines and stuff.

That's right tomorrow is a holiday! But have no fear, I am sending Fed Ex from work, so I can still send.

Ah, okay! Cheesy *makes note to leave a note on her front door for FedEx*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2007 06:31:21 AM »

My package went out fed ex yesterday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2007 11:14:37 PM »

I'm sorry guys, i'm being crap. Sad

My job has become rather life demanding, and with my health condition i literally come home, eat, and fall asleep. Its made me excessively poorly ontop of all that. I've unfortunately fallen drastically behind on making my lovely Osiriss goodies...

BUT

I am half way through sorting things out at work, and i will be leaving them very very soon! And then i can mission getting things finished from my bed rest ad get OH to run it to the post office as soon as its done - yay!

I know i'll get negative feedback because of it, but thats life, and i understand, but don't send out the angels for Osiris just yet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2007 11:22:06 PM »

You're leaving your job? Oh no! You were so excited about it! Were they taking the piss?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

osiris
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2007 01:21:40 AM »

When you leave you're so gonna steal underwear in my size, right?

Can I actually request no angel?  I'd rather wait for Sarah to finish.  She could have a negative til I get it then change it to a positive when she's finished?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2007 05:29:28 AM »

When you leave you're so gonna steal underwear in my size, right?

Can I actually request no angel?  I'd rather wait for Sarah to finish.  She could have a negative til I get it then change it to a positive when she's finished?

of course!  i wasn't even thinking about giving her negative yet!  after a week i will have to, just so other swaps know she has outstanding obligations.  but she can have as long to finish as you are willing to wait osiris.  you guys just let me know.  if it becomes too much for her and she wants or you want to angel, just let me know.  thanks.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007 05:30:38 AM by bethiej78 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
osiris
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2007 06:07:39 AM »

Oh good!  That's good news.  Last thing I'd want would be for her to rush to finish and make herself ill.  I'm nearly ready to send, thankfully the postal strike is over.  For now anyway!  Apparently another will be planned in the next few weeks.  Maybe I'll just have to deliver it by hand :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #247 on: October 11, 2007 01:32:56 AM »

Oh good!  That's good news.  Last thing I'd want would be for her to rush to finish and make herself ill. 

Well, i've been diagnosed with a fresh lot of depression, which bugs big time because a) i hate that word, its over used, b) i have nothing bar my job to be depressed about - which apparently i am feeling because of reason a. Supposedly those who suffer from depression simply react differently and usually has an impact on the body, which probably ties in nicely with my M.E.
Lordy lords.
At least i'm out of there now, i was so miserable, and totally being abused for my doormattness. Found out i legally shouldn't have been left with the keys, safe codes, etc as they never got my references back and were hiding that fact from the security offices. I never knew it, and thats why only i could do all the stuff and had to be in every bloody day, no one else could do it including the manager!

Nevermind! I handed in my notice yesterday, i have a week to work it out, and i get paid all my stupid lue hours i wouldn't have been able to claim or use if i'd stayed! Yay!

I'm nearly ready to send, thankfully the postal strike is over.  For now anyway!  Apparently another will be planned in the next few weeks.
They're planned for all over the place. And if demands arent met they'll keep getting longer and more frequent - Darren is a postie, he hates all the fuss, and its not impossible he'll lose his job through it all but keep trooping on. Sad

Maybe I'll just have to deliver it by hand :3
Yes please Cheesy I miss my Nick! Haven't seen you since March!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
bethiej78

pool on the roof must have a leak

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: October 11, 2007 06:16:34 AM »

you know how they say sometimes you put blood, sweat, and tears into a project?  well it's for real this time for me!!  (except for the blood).   Undecided

I have been working my buns off on this project, which is just one extra large item but a big challenge for me.  It's the most complicated sewing I've ever done.   And I was making slow but steady progress.  Sweet SeeMe said she didn't mind if it took me an extra few days.

As of yesterday I just had to finish sewing the insides to the outsides (as it were, without getting too specific), and my machine broke!!  The alignment is totally off, and the needle keeps hitting the plate.  I broke 2 needles before I figured out what was going on.  I had been trying to sew through 3 layers of fabric (two of which were vinyl) and it was slow going BUT seemed to be working at a very large stitch size.  Then there was this awful noise and now it won't work.  I spent about 2 hours last night crying and frantically trying to figure out if it was perma-broke or fixable.   Cry  Cry    After work tonight I am dropping it off at the Viking store where my parents bought it, and am PRAYING they can fix it.  I don't know what I will do if they cannot.  It was my bat mitzvah present from my parents, and it was a very expensive machine.  it's a sweedish made husquevarna.  I love it.  And I TOTALLY cannot afford a new one!  Cry

But for now I am stalled at an almost-finished position on my project.  I just wanted to let people know why my name is still in orange on the front page.

SeeMee I hope you understand I am definitely going to finish I just have to either wait till my machine is fixed (if it can be) or find a store that rents time on their machines and do it there.  I am so sorry for the delay.  I feel awful (combined with how awful I feel about my broken machine!!)  I will try to get it finished asap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

side note, if any of you craftsters out there are also weight watchers members, check out my WW Blog!
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: October 11, 2007 06:19:36 PM »

bethiej78, I had a similar thing happen to my Bernina in the spring and they were able to fix it.  I had loosened something up inside from the heavy sewing (in my case, loads of quilting), and it had to be realigned and readjusted.  They fixed it good as new.  Fingers crossed that's what happened to yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - free quilt patterns, weekly videos, & more!
Fandom In Stitches - absolutely free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...