A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap Round 2 (aka the $5 or $10 swap) sendouts by 9/24  (Read 60354 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007 02:47:09 PM »

I think I need a translation here...
cfb- are you considering a Canadian partner right about now?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Astica
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2007 03:23:49 PM »

And this is when I realize that after taking about 7 years of French, I still know next to nothing. D:
But I'm pretty sure that the "J'espere que je vais être votre associé" part would basically be like "I hope I get to be your partner"
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007 03:24:33 PM by Astica » THIS ROCKS   Logged
carole73
My family IS my life!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2007 04:11:09 PM »

And this is when I realize that after taking about 7 years of French, I still know next to nothing. D:
But I'm pretty sure that the "J'espere que je vais être votre associé" part would basically be like "I hope I get to be your partner"

Exactement Astica!

So the hunt is ALMOST on!!! I've got my running shoes on  Smiley (I don't wear anything else anyway Wink)
I was wandering...if there is any french speaking/reading folks around here, the thrift store near my house has 99¢ vintage 1970 "De fil en Aiguille" books with loads of crafts...I bought a few for myself a while ago..you can see an example of pattern here https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=175876.msg1815863#msg1815863

Laissez moi savoir = Let me know  Wink

Merci = Thank you

C'est magnifique! Allez-vous balayage les modèles? J'espere que je vais être votre associé - j'adore les modèles francais!

(I hope I said that right - I'm getting a little rusty since I haven't used my technical French in a couple years. That's probably a little clunky but closer to correct than if I tried to use my pronouns LOL).

cfbandit your french is also very good, except.. "Allez-vous balayage les modèles?" I didn't get that at first LOL, but you meant if I scanned the patterns, right?!.. If your looking for anything specific (1970 sewing, crochet, knit, hand embroidery patterns) let me know, I will be happy to scan it and sent it to you.  If you get to be my partner I'll be happy to buy you a few of the "De fil en aiguille" books. Here two example :

I admit I haven't tried anything from my books yet, but I plan to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Families are like a box of chocolates... some have nuts in them Smiley
La famille c'est numéro 1
Sana
« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007 04:37:37 PM »

Sana -  so I take it you play the trumpet or are going to learn to play the trumpet?
I suspect that whoever gets you is going to HAVE to make something with a trumpet now...
I can just picture you in a thrift store going a trumpet?  how cool is that?  who would donate a perfectly good trumpet? Okay, I don't know how to play a trumpet but it's on SALE! Must... buy... trumpet...! Okay, bought trumpet... must.... learn... to ... play... trumpet...!

I am still working on separating out the lists of who wants to swap how much and to where.. then it will be easier sailing from there!

He he I was like that too. I don't play trumpet, but my best friend can seriously play any instrument you throw at her, and during her Jazz band days last year she was very good at trumpet. As such, I'd come over to her house and she'd make me.. learn. lol I'm thinking about fixing up the trumpet and reupholstering the case and giving it to her for Chanukkah or something. =) Fortunately, that's one of the only instruments she doesn't own yet because they're too expensive. he he.. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sana
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007 04:41:54 PM »

once a friend of mine scored two trombones at a thrift shop for something like $75. he played trombone and so did i, but he wouldn't let me buy one off of him...but he gave me one as a going away to university present. what a great friend.

i had it checked out at steve's music in montreal and the guy who played it there made it sound beautiful. the only time i've picked it up in the past few years is to play from my 'Cool Yule' book, 'traditional Christmas carols with pop-style CD accompaniment'. and usually i laugh so hard at the pop-style that the trombone blasts farting sounds every 20 seconds.

TOAJ: i'm from south-western ontario. but my heart kinda belongs to northern ontario and lake superior.

Sana: this swap has burst the dam of thrift for me too. I can't imagine why I've been depriving myself of this joy for so long.

TWO TRUMBONES?! O_O woahh.. maybe I should be on a lookout for thrift instruments! Wayyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than buying something new for a couple thousands. =)

I actually only started thrifting a few months ago. Me and a friend of mine were walking around and we came upon a thrift store and we were bored so we walked in... I came back out with an entire summer wardrobe (no joke) for like $70. I've been addicted since. =) But I think I shouldn't deprive myself... maybe thrift once a week with a $10 limit? I plan on doing that. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Homerof2
« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2007 05:42:50 PM »

Quote from: Astica
On a side note...
WOW.
Holy cow on the exchange rate right now.
Has Canada *ever* been this close to the US before??

I'm dating myself here but when I was 10 and travelled to Hawaii, the exchange rate was in favor of us Canadians.  For every $100 Canadian, we received $110 US (ah, for the good old days)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2007 06:15:35 PM »

Anyone interested in swapping a second  $5 or a $10 package within the US?

Let me know...quickly too.  I am going to try my best to avoid a 3some this round!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
edud

live by the sleeves of 1989

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2007 06:21:11 PM »

it isn't even healthy how much i check this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2007 06:31:53 PM »

I think I need a translation here...
cfb- are you considering a Canadian partner right about now?

Well, I'd love to have one but my "darling" husband has said NO internationals for the month of September since I blew $40 on postage in August (6 internationals over 2 exchange groups)

Sigh. I wish I could. I could do another $5 US package if you need someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2007 06:35:35 PM »

big kiss cfbandit!
partners will be posted up in a few minutes and then I will begin sending emails with information to everyone in about an hour - I want to go and sit down for a bit!  My shoulders are killing me from sitting at this computer desk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...