A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Recipe Cookbook/Scrapbook - Ideas/Suggestions?  (Read 1738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
TragicHitori
« on: December 05, 2004 11:43:05 PM »

I actually got this idea sort of lurking around these boards and this will be my first project asking for other's input.   Wink
I'm pretty much a foodie so I want to make a cookbook-type thing with all my favorite recipes in it but I also want to make it have the memory aspects of a scrapbook with themes and photos, etc.
I was wondering if anyone had any tips because I've never scrapbooked in my life - haven't wanted to before now.
What sort of binding, etc should I go for?  (Jo Ann's is having a sale so I'll probably pick up the journal/book soon.)
Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Misa
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004 03:40:05 AM »

My suggestion would be to do it on paper in page protectors in a binder... you can still add drawings, notes, memories, pictures, reviews, etc either separate from the actual recipe, on the recipe, or by slipping them into the page protectors with the recipe, but doing it this way means that you wouldn't have to worry about spills, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Misa
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004 04:44:10 AM »

If you're into the look of scrapbooks (those big square pages are appealing) but want to use page protectors, there are binder-style scrapbooks available, that come complete with big page-protector pockets and the paper to go into them. That might be your best bet! Otherwise, a regular binder, decorated, could be good too --- and cheaper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
dohdee
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004 05:19:24 AM »

Three-ring binders can be purchased and covered anyway you like.  C-line is a brand of page protector that fits all 3 ring binders and they have both 8.5X11 and 12X12 inch page protectors. I definitely second the use of the page protectors to keep things neat and also allow you the flexibility to move things around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kater
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005 09:44:12 PM »

Here's a cute idea for when you get down to making the pages:  If you mix scented powders with embossing powder you can emboss an image on the recipe page that will actually smell like the food.  I've done this with cinnamon powder and orange kool-aid packets.  I've found that a one part scent, two parts embossing powder mix works well, but play around with it depending on what you're using.

As for the book there's a couple of things you can do.  As a few people have already suggested, using a three ring binder with page protector inserts that hold 4x6 photos would let you use 4x6 recipe cards decorated in a scrapbooking fashion.

There's a company that makes smaller sized sprial bound books which you can get page protectors for if you're looking for.  If you want something smaller than an 8.5x11 book that would be a good option and also give you room to add recipes over the years.

Another fun option if you'd like to do more scrapbooking is to make an actual scrapbook page about the recipe/family member it came from and then include the recipe on a 4x6 card on the scrapbook page.  If you put the recipe in a photo sleeve you'd be able to pull it right out of the book to cook and then replace it in the scrapbook when you're done.

Have fun with this, it will be a great project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brownsugar13
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005 05:01:24 PM »

i have some ideas that you can use to make this scrapbook...
*if you have leftover covers from things like sugar (you know-those Domino paper bags) and stuff, you can use those to make a collage for your first page or cover
*you should get pics of all the different ingrediants of what you're going to make off of the internet and paste it all around the page
*you can also make the product and take pictures of it and show them off by making it a border or something
Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...