A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 315,234
Currently Running With Scissors:
225 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my unique storage solution  (Read 4979 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

IntendedChaos

Wife, crafter, artist, dreamer, and friend.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2007 11:14:25 AM »

i wasn't quite sure where exactly top put this, but since its for jewelry, i put it here

So, i have LOTS of jewelry, and no where to put it, and after buying a bunch of really neat glasses from goodwill, i decided they'd be perfect!

OBSERVE!!

old plates with earrings and hair combs

ginormous brandy glass (its big enough to eat cereal out of!) with beads in it

martini glass for earrings and a bowl with bracelets in it

necklaces and ties hung on a rescued mirror

earrings in a ring case

necklaces in various wine glasses

the whole shebang

so... opinions??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
http://doseofdarling.blogspot.com
melissafairy08
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007 11:25:56 AM »

This is brilliant, and so perfectly timed!! I told my hubby I would find a better way to organize all the jewelry that is constantly strewed all over the dresser. I think I may visit my local thrift store this weekend and shamelessly copy you!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.
IntendedChaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007 11:29:10 AM »

lol.. go forth and conquer!! goodwill has such a great selection of neat glass ware... one of mine is from Hard Rock Cafe in orlando, and its one of those huge curvy glasses, and for mere pocketchange!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
Eurotrash
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007 11:59:42 AM »

you have a VERY impressive collection of jewelry. my mom keeps some of her sewing supplies in small-ish vases, but you have to dump out the whole thing to get to something in the bottom. this solution makes muchmuch more sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 to swap.
IntendedChaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007 12:02:14 PM »

you have a VERY impressive collection of jewelry. my mom keeps some of her sewing supplies in small-ish vases, but you have to dump out the whole thing to get to something in the bottom. this solution makes muchmuch more sense.

thanks... i collect earrings - as you can tell,.... yeah, i only have that problem with a champagne flute that i keep some of my small earrings in, but i don't wear those often, so no biggie...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007 12:11:15 PM »

Thats a neat idea! I have too much jewelry, too, most of which I made...I found another post where the girl hung the spools a spindle of cds comes on sideways on the wall and hung her necklaces from the part that goes through the hole in the cds (if that makes any sense...) Anyway, I wanted to ask, how do the chains and such you have in the wine glasses stay draped over the edge like that without falling out of the glass?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Kiell
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007 12:15:17 PM »

Hmm.... great idea! I like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
taunya1978
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007 12:16:57 PM »

my bff has a good way to store jewlwery.  she hung up a corkboard on the wall behind her door and hangs it all from tacks and hooks.  that way she can see everything and nothing gets tangled and it uses up that wall space.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IntendedChaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007 12:21:10 PM »

Thats a neat idea! I have too much jewelry, too, most of which I made...I found another post where the girl hung the spools a spindle of cds comes on sideways on the wall and hung her necklaces from the part that goes through the hole in the cds (if that makes any sense...) Anyway, I wanted to ask, how do the chains and such you have in the wine glasses stay draped over the edge like that without falling out of the glass?
  i just drop them in pendant down, and then drape the chain over the edge... usually i can tell what necklace it is by the chain, or by pulling on it while looking through the glass.... sometimes with the smaller necklaces they can fall in, but i'f i'm not in a hurry, i can just dump out the glass and grab what i'm loking for.

Hmm.... great idea! I like it.
  thanks!!

my bff has a good way to store jewlwery.  she hung up a corkboard on the wall behind her door and hangs it all from tacks and hooks.  that way she can see everything and nothing gets tangled and it uses up that wall space.
  man, that IS a good idea... kudos to her!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miserylovesme
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007 01:36:37 PM »

So cool! And I LOVE your jewelry.

Where oh where did you find that pink heart necklace with a scroll on it? (Next to last picture)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
February 13, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Reusable Shopping Bag

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...