A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: The December Craft Challenge has been announced. Read all of the details here and get to crafting!
Total Members: 314,952
Currently Running With Scissors:
285 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Awesome Button Skirt  (Read 4884 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

macgirl_k
« on: August 08, 2007 05:19:47 PM »

I made this skirt out of a pair of jeans my neighbor gave me. They were too big so I cut the legs apart and sewed them together horizontally. Then I added orange ribbon, stitching, and lots of buttons. Well I hate to wear anything with out pockets and I was wondering if it would look ok to add a pocket to the front of the skirt? Would that look bad?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007 10:00:36 PM by macgirl_k - Reason: added a new picture » THIS ROCKS   Logged

four-eyed_girl
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007 05:30:34 PM »

too cute...though i would add butt pockets if i were you. would just be more flattering. i hate wearing things without pockets as well. but my purse will help me in that fashion dilemma
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katie, your local 4-eyed girl
miss_k

"button, button...who's got the button?!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007 05:33:11 PM »

Shocked *GASP!* i LOVE it. i love the stitching and the swirl of buttons...super awesome. i am a button addict...i have tons and tons of them. i agree with four-eyed_girl that pockets on the rear would look good.  then you could do some of the fancy around the pocket...a shaped pocket would be kind of cool (heart or something...whatever suits your fancy)...the possibilities are endless...at any rate...well done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_unpicker
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007 05:45:35 PM »

this skirt is awesome. i really like it. the pocket on the back is a great idea but if you don't want that you could slip in a side pocket. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

he wouldn't read me bedtime stories...... so i left him for a librarian
BlairsBear

Sentence first -- verdict afterwards.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007 05:54:14 PM »

Ok, well I'm pretty sure I love it, but could you maybe post a wider shot so we can see how/where it starts stops and sits?  Beautiful detail work in any case
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it had grown up, it would have made a dreadfully ugly child; but it makes rather a handsome pig, I think.
macgirl_k
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007 06:56:30 PM »

Ok, well I'm pretty sure I love it, but could you maybe post a wider shot so we can see how/where it starts stops and sits?  Beautiful detail work in any case
Thank you! It was hard to get a better picture than that because I took the picture myself.
I'll get someone to take a better picture. All I did was put in a zipper on the side and it's still too big in the waist so maybe I could put darts in or pleats.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007 06:57:09 PM by macgirl_k » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mamafox
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007 07:03:01 PM »

that is so gorgeous!!!!
I love it i dont know enough to vote on the pocket delima, but i think the back pockets with more of your awesome embellishments would be good...
great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBarbie
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007 05:14:40 AM »

that is really sick, like theres no way walking down the street you wouldnt turn a million jealous heads. Great job!

rock on,
ariel
THIS ROCKS   Logged

olive415

Moderation in all things, including moderation

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007 05:48:13 AM »

That's so fun. I love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cherade9
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007 06:04:11 AM »

Very very nice! One more idea for the eleventymillion buttons I've collected!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Dino Cups
@Home This Weekend: Remote Caddy
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2018: Rhumba Earrings

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...