A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
272 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Something Sweet?  (Read 883 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

TravelBel
« on: August 06, 2007 11:46:23 AM »

Hi! I'm going to a party on Thursday night that has a gift swapping as part of the party. I need to bring a $10 gift card and something sweet. We've done this before and everyone always brings all sorts of candy - I was hoping to come up with something that was sweet, but unique! Any ideas?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TravelBel
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007 11:54:05 AM »

Sorry - I probably didn't describe well enough  Huh...

I need to bring something sweet that is a gift (not a dessert to pass). We swap bags (like a Christmas swap) and the theme this year is "something sweet". I was trying to avoid candy, since I'm sure that's what everyone else will bring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Harvey

Here's to inappropriate!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007 03:11:59 PM »

You could always go for a bag with different flavoured chocolate dipped coffee spoons, and some chocolate and coloured crystal sugar dipped marshmallows. These can be used for coffee or hot chocolate. I helped my son's class do them as presents for the parents last year. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjanator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007 12:04:40 AM »

hmmm, i'm not sure if this something sweet has to be sweet in terms of taste, but if it doesn't - you can make other  things that fall under the category of "sweet" like cute little stuffies (someone recently made some plush cupcakes and offered up a pattern) and polymer creations, crochet stuff, that are all geared towards sweets and so forth.

there was recently a yummy sweets swap, and you could peruse the gallery for more ideas ^^

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178999.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when I'm wearing my crafty pants: etsy
...when I'm a pack rat: blog
...and when I feel like sharing: tutorials
LSTinVA
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007 05:21:22 AM »

I'm hungry so of course I'll suggest food:

It's easy and fun to make chocolate dipped pretzel rods.  Get a bag of the big pretzel rods and pull out the whole ones.  Get choc chips and put them in a microwave safe bowl.  Melt carefully (a minute at a time; stop and stir; repeat as needed -- DON'T scorch!) and then dip the pretzels in.  Put on a tray covered in parchment.  Sprinkle with nuts, jimmies, etc. while still hot, or cool and then drizzle with melted white chocolate or butterscotch chips, etc.

Chill in fridge and then bundle in cello bags and put in a tin or basket.

Yum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...