A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November Crafting Tips & Tricks: Check out Kittykill's latest DIY video, How to Make Glowing Wax Globes!
Total Members: 314,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
240 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my first project ever - fbb  (Read 2321 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

colorlessblue
« on: August 06, 2007 05:56:55 AM »

Hello, everybody. This is the first time I'm writing and the first time I made anything wearable.
I asked my mother to teach me how to crochet during Carnival, when I was extremely bored, and she taught me how to dc, but refused to teach anything else until I was good at that by her standards. Then I googled crochet and taught myself the other stitches while she was out. I'm not sure she forgave me that yet... Wink
Anyway, I made a few amigurumis, let it for a few months and just decided to try again.
This time I made a FBB for my mother, after unraveling everything a few times. I'm not too pleased with the handles (one longer than the other, and the shorter one is a bit wider - I'll buy handles for the next one), and the stitches to sew the lining are all uneven, but overall I think it worked.
Pics are here: http://pics.livejournal.com/colorlessblue/gallery/0001h7bk
You can't see on the pics, but the thread is brown cotton with red shiny viscose, and it shines a bit on the sun. The flowers were crocheted using satin ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
Tenille
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007 12:00:33 PM »

Wonderful job! I love the color too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.blogspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
StarKat98
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007 11:06:37 AM »

I think that looks great!  I like the handles too, that was a great idea.  I actually like that better than the round handles the book calls for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007 06:52:08 PM »

I needed to finish it on Sunday because my mother was coming to visit on Monday, so I couldn't buy handles. But one of them is longer and the other is thicker - no idea why - and i turned the chain twice while making the first row of stitches. I kind of see the appeal of buying handles now.
Mom's bag had to be some kind of brown, it's just her style, but the one i'm making for me will be red!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terry Pratchett
AlysiaDynamik
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007 07:56:31 AM »

Great job!! When I saw you said "during Carnival" I had to check to see where you were from... and my suspicion is confirmed!! Voce e brasileira!! passei 6 meses morando em salvador na primavera de 2004... ainda tenho muito saudade  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007 08:28:22 AM »

oh well, i'm am brazilian, but probably not a typical one, considering how much i hate carnival. i learned crochet exactly because i was bored to death, after watching a whole season of alias and another of scrubs in dvds and reading a whole book from the wheel of time series (and those a huge), and i still had 2 days to go before going back to my life  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Terry Pratchett
Emiko Hime

I object to your reality and substitute my own!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007 11:05:46 AM »

Gorgeous!  The flowers are a nice touch Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
just_lisa
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2007 04:57:05 AM »

I love your FBB!  You chose a good color
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlysiaDynamik
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007 07:48:14 AM »

oh well, i'm am brazilian, but probably not a typical one, considering how much i hate carnival. i learned crochet exactly because i was bored to death, after watching a whole season of alias and another of scrubs in dvds and reading a whole book from the wheel of time series (and those a huge), and i still had 2 days to go before going back to my life  Grin

haha I met quite a few Brazilians who hate carnival....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lissie
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007 06:02:58 PM »

It looks great! I love the handles.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft Blog: Lis Crafts | Personal Blog: About Every Little Thing
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clipboard Photo Display
Party with a Pumpkin Challenge Winner: Floral Pumpkin Centerpiece
November 15, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...