A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
158 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 94
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap Round 5 - Discussion  (Read 85563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sphinxy
« Reply #690 on: August 23, 2007 02:42:32 PM »

I was in the same predicament with something I meant to claim and totally forgot till I got the sent pm from another item I bought from that shop....
I decided that I will give her a cool off time... Tongue International shipping must be annoying Tongue I really don't think much of it, since it's the only way I could get into this swaps, so all my swaps are international and will probably stay that way... There aren't many hondurans interested in crafts and internet at the same time... Tongue not that i've found anyway....
Oh, and I keep planning on posting new things in my shope, but the last few days have been hectic... I've been crafting like crazy for a children's camp that I'm working with... I'm one of the coordinators of the Shop team... and didn't work much in the preparations, so it's only fair that I craft to pay for what i didn't do... Cheesy Besides, the thought of only selling paper bags (that's the only thing the other coordinator has made...) filled with candies is pretty annoying... I'll remind myself of taking pics later...

Oh, and maremare... I'd sooooo go for a lipbalm kit... I've been dying to try that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #691 on: August 23, 2007 03:05:22 PM »

International shipping is fine...in fact the other day I mailed off identical pendants, one to someone in the US and the other to someone in Canada and I paid about 30 cents more to ship it to the person in the US.  Funny!!

I did another batch of Shrinky Dinks last night and I'm off to bake them now.  Wish me luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phizzychick
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: August 23, 2007 03:10:04 PM »

Good luck with the shrinkey dinks!

Thanks for the welcome AM, I need to work on getting some practical items into my shop, so far it's too full of fripperies I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #693 on: August 23, 2007 04:14:03 PM »

I second what Atsuko says about shipping from the US to other countries. It seems to be less expensive to send the same size/wieght item out of the country, than to send within the US. And that's before adding the DC# in some cases! A couple months ago, I sent a beaded flower brooch to Canada for .90 cents, and the same size/wieght of flower to someone here in the states, and that package cost 2.05, with the DC included. Last week, I sent a package to Germany for .90 cents, and Javede had it in less than a week.

I like international claims, and I don't mind repeat small claims from out of the country, because the shipping is really reasonable on the smallish items I make, with International First Class. Besides, I get a little thrill about sending something I've made to someone across an ocean and far away.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #694 on: August 23, 2007 04:17:01 PM »

Hi everyone!! I have more yarn for my shop, which I will add once I leave you here.

yarn yarn yarn!!! Smiley

Congrats Raynbow!!! That is AMAZING!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Its been a fun 305 days, 7 hours and 22 minutes here on Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #695 on: August 23, 2007 04:19:13 PM »

I'm thinking a little altered matchbox full of phizzy goodies is a necessity.  definitely Smiley

its pretty difficult to combine all the time with people constantly updating their shops.  I don't mind doing multiple sendouts, its so much fun to send goodies to people who really want them!  

THIS ROCKS   Logged

December 2, 2019 - Join us on  Facebook
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Lana

live aloha

« Reply #696 on: August 23, 2007 04:31:20 PM »

Lovely yarn xladyluckx!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #697 on: August 23, 2007 04:39:23 PM »

Thank you!!

I just claimed a soap from MareMare312, i didn't read her full descritption till now, and wow!! I look forward to trying it, I may become addicted to home made soap, ill leave the lye to you pros though. I'm not good with chemicals that can burn your face off!

Anyone making a soap saver? There is one in The Sick Rose's shop, but she is not open yet....i need one!!! I saw one the other day with a washcloth, but i think it got claimed. Will trade dirty body for a crocheted soap saver.

I'm crafting Sunday..any requests? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #698 on: August 23, 2007 04:55:09 PM »

I just claimed a soap from MareMare312, i didn't read her full descritption till now, and wow!! I look forward to trying it, I may become addicted to home made soap, ill leave the lye to you pros though. I'm not good with chemicals that can burn your face off!

I just received a pair of soaps from her, and you made a great choice.  They smell wonderful and look great.  I'm terribly excited about them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #699 on: August 23, 2007 06:21:10 PM »

Crawling out from under my sickie blanket to let you all know I'm going to need my shop for awhile - went to the doc yesterday & apparently I have pnemonia - and now a nice pile of prescription meds as well.

Anyway, I plan to continue to participate in this swap once I'm back on my feet - but that looks like it'll be September.

Okay, everyone - get back to crafting...time for me to take more drugs - yippee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 94 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...