A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,615
Currently Running With Scissors:
149 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Three costume ideas  (Read 1185 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
adadancer13
« on: July 29, 2007 01:24:04 AM »

I just had a brain blast while searching this forum.
1.What about dressing in all blue and double stick taping feminine products/adds for companies such as always, tampax, playtex on your person? Add a paint brush and pallet and you're Picasso's Blue Period. Is this too icky?
2. Buy an inexpensive picture frame at least six inches larger than our face. Make a copy (print, paint, stencil, draw, embroider, etc) of the Mona Lisa. Cut her face out and place the picture in the frame and omit the backing. Glue a strip of elastic to the frame to secure the picture. Place your head in the hole, wear all black, carry a paint brush and pallet, and your The Mona (insert your name here). you could most likely do this with other famous paintings/photographs such as The Scream, etc.
3. You know how PETA protests people wearing fur by throwing tomatoes at them? Well one could wear a fake fur coat and an anti-PETA shirt. (I'm sure there's one out there or one could make one.) Use red face paint to put tomato splotches all over his or her person and fabric paint to make splotches on his or her shirt and other articles of slothing.

What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
braindeadCREATIONS
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007 11:00:14 PM »

The Blue Period would take an intelligent crowd to get. tis funny.
Picture frame is a good idea..
The Anti-Peta person is so so funny though! lmao

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CostumeGoddess
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007 11:55:08 AM »

We had a Mona Lisa and DiVinci costume in my old shop that had an optional frame.  It was pretty popular.  The Scream would be a hoot.

The Blue Period is pretty funny, but, yes, it would take a pretty sharp group to get that without help.  And don't count on any of the men getting it right away.

The PETA one is pretty good too. I thought they threw red paint on fur coats. Or did they stop because of being sued for property damage?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza
@Home This Weekend: Dish Soap Apron
Tute Tuesday: Daisy Purse

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...