A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 315,933
Currently Running With Scissors:
359 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Little House Elf **Updated with full costume** (very image heavy!!)  (Read 8758 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: July 18, 2007 12:02:11 PM »

So, in all fairness to teapotdnky...I took my house elf hat & made a new thread. I made this for my daughter to wear (along with a pillow case dress I have yet to make, but will today) to the Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows book release this Friday night. The ears are floppy, but I think it works just the same.

And now she's tired of it, haha:

Comments=love.  Kiss

So here we go!! My little house elf!!

Here is the pillow case dress (which is much too big and I have to safety pin it in 2 places to get it to fit her, and I ended up cutting about 6 inches off the bottom).

And here is my little elf in full dress (before I cut the bottom off):

Really good shot of the hat & elf ears:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007 06:00:03 AM by kbauer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Kiggygraf
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007 12:03:55 PM »

I love this!!! I'm gonna have to frame one of these and hang it up in the house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007 12:06:50 PM »

I love this!!! I'm gonna have to frame one of these and hang it up in the house!

LOL, people are going to think you are a stalker. FYI, Kiggygraf is my bestfriend of 10+ years. There. All freakiness has been abolished!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007 12:12:17 PM »

The ears are adorable! I must make a hat of my own! You must post pictures of the entire costume when you're done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
dowhat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007 12:18:59 PM »

That is so cute!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007 12:22:57 PM »

WIPs-I promise to post a completed picture. My daughter goes down for a nap in about 35 min or so & then I'm going to start working on the pillow case dress.

dowhat-Thank you!!! Smiley

P.S. The ears aren't too floppy, right? I mean, it adds character to the hat right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007 12:27:19 PM »

P.S. The ears aren't too floppy, right? I mean, it adds character to the hat right?

I think the ears are perfect! And anyways, your little cutie can pull anything off! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
kbauer

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007 12:29:25 PM »

I think the ears are perfect! And anyways, your little cutie can pull anything off! Cheesy

Aww thanks! She's cute most days haha...when she's not being a grump.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007 12:30:28 PM »

What a cute idea and a cutie to go along with it. I can't wait to see the finished pics. Sadly I won't be able to go to midnight release here for I have no way back home*cries* But I'll still get a book anyways though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
kbauer

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007 12:36:23 PM »

Well now that my little one has a costume, I guess I should make myself a hat as well. I don't know if I will make myself a sheet dress, because my husband might disown me...but my daughter can't go dressed up by herself!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It
Tute Tuesday: Paper Tree
Meal Prep Monday: Lazy Bread Pudding

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...