A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, it's time to show off your TREE!  Show off your flocking and garland with us this year.
Total Members: 319,832
Currently Running With Scissors:
250 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heavy Metal Sock Monkey  (Read 7098 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« on: November 28, 2004 07:06:15 PM »

Just wanted to share SOMETHING after looking at all the cool stuff everyone else has created.  I made this last year for my friend's baby.  Her husband is in the band on the tee and do-rag (yes, it is very crooked).

Has anyone sewn a sock monkey with a sewing machine?  I did this one all by hand and it took forever.  Was thinking about trying to whip up a few more with my machine but wasn't sure if there was any reason why it wouldn't work out as well.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goddess
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004 07:23:25 PM »

I heart sockmonkeys in a major way. Yours is really, really cool. I sewed one by machine one time, and I have to say that I liked the charm of the handmade one much better. I like your monkey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dyabolica

Gaze into my eyes and submit to my puppy dominion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004 07:35:40 AM »

Has anyone sewn a sock monkey with a sewing machine? 
Heres one my daughter sewed on the machine, she tried by hand but said the sock was to ravelly . Your monkey rocks, him and smonkey could go to a concert together!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/dyabolica/smonkey.jpg
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013 01:51:06 PM by meleriffic - Reason: changed non-working image to link » THIS ROCKS   Logged

R.I.P Jon 7.15.07 I will never get over losing you!
End the war in Iraq, we have lost enough our
Fathers, Mothers, Sons and Daughters! I won't be on Craftster for a while, I am just not feeling creative.
SheezCraftee

I will change my mind on something petty as a whim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004 09:14:09 AM »

Wow!  You're monkies are so adorable!!   Man, I really need to learn to sew...  I've always wanted a sock monkey.  I love the one with the doo rag, very Axl Rose!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poseursteph
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004 05:24:25 PM »

those are so adorable!

do you think you could make a tutorial? i tried making a monkey a while ago but the instructions i found online were very confusing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jerome
giggedy, giggedy, giggedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2004 07:38:22 PM »

Has anyone sewn a sock monkey with a sewing machine? 
Heres one my daughter sewed on the machine, she tried by hand but said the sock was to ravelly . Your monkey rocks, him and smonkey could go to a concert together!

Ohh!! That is great!  I was thinking about trying to sew up some funky ones and sell them.  I've seen some on ebay.  I would never attempt to do it all by hand - took me forever.

If you buy a sock monkey "kit" they include instructions that I thought were pretty clear at the time.  I'll try to see if I still have them. Maybe I can scan them and post them in here as well.  I think most craft stores have the kits.  I got mine as a gift.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redthewitch75
You are Here.

"If love is a labour, I'll slave til the end!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004 10:15:14 PM »

Cool monkey, man. I used to hate sock monkeys. Then my niece gave me one. Before, I used to see them at Goodiwill and SalArm all the time, now...not a one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love you more than cheese!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10173989@N00/
mub
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2004 04:33:56 AM »

I used a stretch stitch setting on my machine and it worked really well.  You can hardly tell where any of the seams are!  I did hand sew the ears though, because they were itty bitty on mine (I didn't use the rockford socks). 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mubeimmik.livejournal.com

http://monkeycat.etsy.com
VaxGirl
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2004 01:44:14 PM »

I *heart* Sock Monkeys too!  Those are both adorable.  I usually sew the pieces on the machine and then stuff it and join it all together by hand, if that makes any sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xjociex
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2004 10:21:09 PM »

I could be wrong, but I'm almost positive that the Rockford socks come with instructions for Sock Monkeys.  And if you have a Cracker Barrel near you, they have the socks that I know for sure come with directions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you love something, let it go...if it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!
@Home This Weekend: Stylish Jacket For Your Pooch

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...