A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,650
Currently Running With Scissors:
259 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: sympathy gifts for the tragedy in Wisconsin  (Read 1656 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

made4music

Music is bliss :]

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2004 08:56:22 AM »

when this whole horrible thing happened, I was VERY close to it.  I even heard the shots.  it's a really sad thing that happened so I think that it would be great if you would create something for the families involved in this whole thing.  there are already a lot of funds going on up here for them so i thought it would be nice to send gifts instead.  If you're interested, post here or private message me and i can give you my info.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2004 09:18:41 AM »

Er, I hate to sound cruel or uncaring...but, what on earth happened? I havent heard anything...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

made4music

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2004 09:27:06 AM »

here's the story:

a man (Choa Vang)  wanted to hunt on another person's property in exeland wisconsin but the owner of the land wouldn't let him.  later, that landowner and the rest of the hunters that were with him saw Vang sitting in their treestand on their land so they went to ask him to leave.   Vang, in the end, shot eight people: 5 died, 3 were injured, and now currently one of the injured passed away, one was released from the hospital, and one is still in the hospital.  Vang hasn't been charged yet but if you want to read a news-worthy version of this story go to a news channel website and im pretty positive that you'll find something about it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2004 09:33:43 AM »

oh my goodness! that is completely awful...gosh. how can we help?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

made4music

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004 09:41:46 AM »

well you could help with my project or you could create your own project like a fund or something
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2004 12:09:02 PM »

you may wat to be a bit more specific in exactly what it is you want people to make. Also,l removed a few posts from this thread, arguing specifics and semantics of the situation.

What, specifically, do you need for the families? Blankets, bears, donations? let us know, I am sure there are people who will want to help!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004 03:22:49 PM by Goddess » THIS ROCKS   Logged
glccafar
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004 12:21:15 PM »

Here's a CNN story on this issue:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/23/hunters.shot/
At the end of the article, it notes that "The Rice Lake Hunters Survivors and Victims Fund has been created to help their families [of the dead]."  Perhaps you could contact them and ask what the families might need?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
made4music

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004 03:49:00 PM »

i guess basically i'm looking for anything that you want to give. nothing in particular. just something to let those families know that there are people who want to help
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Woodburning
Tute Tuesday: Tiny Haunted House
Ghoulies and Ghosties

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...