A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
329 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102815 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sirensrising
« Reply #680 on: August 12, 2007 11:57:23 AM »

I usually bubble wrap everything (just because I reuse it like crazy), and use crumpled newspapers to pad everything else. This time, I had to stick a 3/4" catalog in the box to keep things from moving around too much... So hopefully my partner likes catalogs of Japanese items! LOL I got the catalog a long time ago from someone who was passing them out in the mall... I guess it's finally been used Wink
I bet it would be nice for collages and ephemera!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #681 on: August 12, 2007 02:51:26 PM »

My large item was soft, so I used it to pad the box and stuffed everything in it.  I've been known to use fabric to pack things, because who I send it to can then use the fabric. (I use this for my plaid-obsessed friend all the time).
I used to love playing with the biodegradable peanuts because they dissolve in water.  I was a child of simple pleasures.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirensrising
« Reply #682 on: August 13, 2007 09:29:33 AM »

I got a notice for the delivery of a package to be picked up, but, I also got another package today. I can't tell if the delivery notice is for the one that was delivered already (for some reason that's what my parents think), or my goodies from Whileywoo  Huh

I'll try and get down to the post office tomorrow (I was at one today, but at least it was a different one or I'd never forgive myself  Tongue No-one saw the notice until we got home from town) but since I think the package delivery times are only until like 2 it's possible I might sleep through it  Tongue Lips sealed Roll Eyes
I hope it's this swap package though! How exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: August 13, 2007 10:14:09 AM »

Just asked my chap who is a postman and he said it should have arrived today, so its well worth the check!

So excited, but also nervous that i havent done enough.

Also keen for feedback as i could really do with requesting things on the august wish swap XD XD
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
sirensrising
« Reply #684 on: August 13, 2007 10:23:46 AM »

Just asked my chap who is a postman and he said it should have arrived today, so its well worth the check!

Also keen for feedback as i could really do with requesting things on the august wish swap XD XD
Eee! Fantastic! I'll try and wake myself up tomorrow then  Tongue (but I can't guarantee it'll work, heh)

At least you've finished and sent! I can't wait to send mine out but because I'm trying to work on other stuff too it's taking longer...

Oh, and this is probably more PM appropriate, but since I'm here...I was watching the Serenity/Firefly outtakes the other day and finally remembered where "Can't...sentence...properly!" comes from Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: August 13, 2007 10:42:42 AM »

Eee! Fantastic! I'll try and wake myself up tomorrow then  Tongue (but I can't guarantee it'll work, heh)

At least you've finished and sent! I can't wait to send mine out but because I'm trying to work on other stuff too it's taking longer...

Oh, and this is probably more PM appropriate, but since I'm here...I was watching the Serenity/Firefly outtakes the other day and finally remembered where "Can't...sentence...properly!" comes from Grin

Aahh fabbydabby.

Love Firefly. Cant wait for the next Firefly swap.
I breed fancy rats, and certain varieties i own get named after Firefly things.
I have Ariel, whos pedigree name 'Black Market Beagles' and Firefly whos pedigree name is 'Big Damn Heroes' Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
ViolentViolet
« Reply #686 on: August 13, 2007 02:08:18 PM »

I am busy as a beaver!!Ive got a jumble done.My craft room looks like Ive been tossed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I just love her man,Hey what are you doing with that brick?"

http://www.wists.com/EvaBlack
Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #687 on: August 13, 2007 03:00:29 PM »

I'm a bit worried about how I'm going to pack it all up without resorting to styrofoam peanuts, which I try to avoid using at all costs. Any suggestions on that? What would you use as an eco-friendly substitute?

This won't help if you don't already have some, but personally I use styrofoam peanuts all the time: I've never once bought them, but I keep getting them in the mail (especially when I got married, because we registered at Dillards and apparently they hate the environment  Sad).  I figure they're better off being reused in other packages than getting sent to the landfill.  I just keep a bag in the closet for packing materials (peanuts, paper, bubble wrap, everything) and never have to buy anything new, except for boxes on occasion.  If the peanuts start getting out of control, I pour some into a beanbag chair, which was all I did with them in college, when I got lots of packages but rarely sent any.  My chair was always nice and cushy. Wink

A great general idea for packing materials (both to get rid of and to obtain some) is Freecycle.  I see boxes and packing paper or peanuts all the time on my local group.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #688 on: August 13, 2007 04:08:47 PM »

When I send packages back home to my friends, I use newspaper, and so do they. That way, we can read what is going on in each other's cities. *shrug* That's what I do, at least. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #689 on: August 14, 2007 06:23:00 AM »

Well .. my large and medium projects are underway and looking on track for completion this week .. small projects are in planning phase, I need to do a little shopping before I can get those going.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...