A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
180 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #610 on: August 03, 2007 09:08:24 AM »

Here's a picture of my Peaches 'n Creme stash. I think I may have an addiction.  Cheesy
Yeah, I have a large Rubbermaid tote full - the Walmart by my mom's house has tons of colors on cones for $6.87.  Now, I have tons of colors too.  lol

I'm wishing that I had joined this swap - but, hey, your thread is fun to read even for someone not in the swap.  And since I feel the need to add something HP related so that y'all don't ban me from the thread, I'm knitting a Dark Mark illusion scarf now.  http://thestormmoon.blogspot.com/2007/05/dark-mark-illusion-scarf-pattern.html

Does anyone else have separate folders in their bookmarks for knitting and Harry Potter knitting?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #611 on: August 03, 2007 09:17:06 AM »

Still OT but I have a HUGE stash of Peaches and Cream and Sugar and Cream yarn cause it's my favorite. Here is a great site to order cones of the variegated and solid yarns (cause you can never find all of the same dyelot that you need... grrr) http://www.elmore-pisgah.com/store-pc.htm

Back on subject....

I finished something!! I bought my first sewing machine and christened it with a project for this swap. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

« Reply #612 on: August 03, 2007 09:40:46 AM »

Here's a picture of my Peaches 'n Creme stash. I think I may have an addiction.  Cheesy
Yeah, I have a large Rubbermaid tote full - the Walmart by my mom's house has tons of colors on cones for $6.87.  Now, I have tons of colors too.  lol

I'm wishing that I had joined this swap - but, hey, your thread is fun to read even for someone not in the swap.  And since I feel the need to add something HP related so that y'all don't ban me from the thread, I'm knitting a Dark Mark illusion scarf now.  http://thestormmoon.blogspot.com/2007/05/dark-mark-illusion-scarf-pattern.html

Does anyone else have separate folders in their bookmarks for knitting and Harry Potter knitting?  lol

I just came across that scarf today and I added it to my never ending list of things to make.  I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 03, 2007 11:29:14 AM »

Ok, so I have never heard of this Peaches and Cream yarn. I don't shop at Wal-Mart, cause the only thing we have close by is the grocery store by itself, but not a Wal-Mart, unless I wanna drive across town.

I will have to go to Wal-Mart and see what's up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #614 on: August 03, 2007 11:41:24 AM »

Ok, so I have never heard of this Peaches and Cream yarn. I don't shop at Wal-Mart, cause the only thing we have close by is the grocery store by itself, but not a Wal-Mart, unless I wanna drive across town.

I will have to go to Wal-Mart and see what's up!

I love Peaches 'n Creme! It's so great to work with, if you want to make cloths, Swiffer pads, and the like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
kathleenalice
« Reply #615 on: August 03, 2007 03:57:06 PM »

I'm so jealous of all you ladies in the US...our supermarkets don't sell any crafty stuff, so all our supplies are really expensive. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #616 on: August 03, 2007 08:17:34 PM »

I love peaches and cream stuff too! I love that it doesnt fray as I'm learning how to crochet Wink all the other stuff frays by the time i kinda figure it out, and that's frustrating!

kathleen- I hear you on that! Living in Japan now is bringing that for me too! craft supplies are more expensive here than they were in the states. I actually have to set  money aside for a run to the craft store, where in the states you can just "pick up" something really quick because it's cheap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #617 on: August 03, 2007 08:28:02 PM »

! How about shopping on line girls? My friend just moved to China for two years  (teaching English for ELIC) and I know they have heavy internet restrictions. Is it similiar in Japan?  Is this rule of expensive supplies applicable to most/all NON-u.s. countries? If it is I will be sending supplies out with my swap packages from now on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #618 on: August 03, 2007 09:04:41 PM »

! How about shopping on line girls? My friend just moved to China for two years  (teaching English for ELIC) and I know they have heavy internet restrictions. Is it similiar in Japan?  Is this rule of expensive supplies applicable to most/all NON-u.s. countries? If it is I will be sending supplies out with my swap packages from now on.

Online shopping is just as bad (I have found) for me in Australia, especially when a lot of the good supplies places are US based- that means when we buy we have to convert the price from AU$ to US$.. meaning we have to pay even more! And don't get me started on postage!!
Supplies aren't always "expensive", US just seem to get them a little cheaper. They are also more readily available (from what I can tell) in the US- and so much variety! In Aus, you have to go to specialty stores often to find what you are looking for/need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kathleenalice
« Reply #619 on: August 04, 2007 05:55:24 AM »

online shopping's not bad for me at the minute, because the pound is really strong against the dollar (about US$2 to UK1, where it's usually US$1.30-1.5- to UK1) but customs charges are a total pain, and coupled with postage it's just not worth it most of the time. i tend to try to buy from inidividuals on ebay who are willing to mark it as gift and worth below the customs threshold.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...