A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
204 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102848 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
PaperBag
« Reply #580 on: August 02, 2007 07:15:35 AM »

I have 4 small filler items finished...one of them I'm completely coveting and will definitely have to make one for myself when the swap's over.

haha me too! there are 2 items I made that I've decided I need to have for myself. I already replicated one of the items to keep- and also made one for my best friend who's also a HP  nerd fan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #581 on: August 02, 2007 07:19:20 AM »

i was on a roll last night and then i didnt have the right color felt! so i moved on to another thing and decided yellow was not a good color for Ravenclaw  Roll Eyes

...or is it just another excuse to go to the craft store???  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #582 on: August 02, 2007 07:29:33 AM »

I am so stoked, the supplies I ordered finally arrived last night (two packages! Woo!), and one of the things looks even cooler in person than it did in the picture online!  Cheesy  I can't wait to get craftin' with it! 

I'll have lots of time this weekend, as my poor hubby is having his wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so I'll be staying home to take care of him...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
vylentviolet
« Reply #583 on: August 02, 2007 08:52:26 AM »

OH NO...
I made a huge mistake on my big item (the only one I've worked on so far) and now I have to redo more than half of what I have so far for it. On the plus side, I'm pretty sure I can still get this one done by sendout.
Laaaame...

Edit: Scrapped the whole thing and am starting over. I can rebuild it. I have the technology.  Wink
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007 09:07:36 AM by vylentviolet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://airrikka.etsy.com

personal swapper!!!
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: August 02, 2007 09:06:55 AM »

Oh no, vylentviolet, is there no way to salvage most of it?!  I'm so sorry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vylentviolet
« Reply #585 on: August 02, 2007 09:19:07 AM »

Nah, it's totally fine. Some of it I wasn't completely happy with to begin with, but this mistake I found just sealed the deal. I'm lucky I noticed it at ~20% rather than almost being complete and having to redo all of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://airrikka.etsy.com

personal swapper!!!
ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 02, 2007 10:44:30 AM »

I'm SOOO close to finishing my big project & had planned on finishing it up tonight so I could start on the other stuff and maybe have it ready to mail by the middle of next week.

But then last night a drunk driver flipped his car into our front yard and hit our tree (him & his dog he had in the car are ok) and damaged our front yard up some. So tonight we're gonna catch up on sleep and this weekend we're gonna clean up the yard some so it's not so funky looking. So now it'll probably be the week of the 14th before I send it out.  Angry I was so proud of myself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: August 02, 2007 10:53:39 AM »

Awww. You should still be proud of yourself! and ticked beyond measure at the drunken idiot who ruined your yard and could have easily killed someone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #588 on: August 02, 2007 10:55:14 AM »

I'm SOOO close to finishing my big project & had planned on finishing it up tonight so I could start on the other stuff and maybe have it ready to mail by the middle of next week.

But then last night a drunk driver flipped his car into our front yard and hit our tree (him & his dog he had in the car are ok) and damaged our front yard up some. So tonight we're gonna catch up on sleep and this weekend we're gonna clean up the yard some so it's not so funky looking. So now it'll probably be the week of the 14th before I send it out.  Angry I was so proud of myself!

Holy cake pans!! I'm glad that no one was hurt! Like 10 yrs back, this drunk driver & 2 of his friends crashed into our neighbor across the street's garage. No one was seriously hurt, but the driver broke his leg. There were EMS and firetrucks out front all night (it happened at like 1am). Apparently there was A LOT of noise, and my family & I slept through the whole thing! Cheesy We didn't even know anything happened until our nextdoor neighbors brought it up in conversation a few days later. haha

I want to poll everyone here...what constitutes a "big" project for you all? I'm not expecting anyone to spill the beans; I just want to get a rough idea. This is my first swap and I want to make sure that I don't disappoint my partner. I mean, I am spoiling her with lots of goodies and filler items, but I want to make sure that what I have in mind for her big project is indeed, a "big" item. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
BYA

Cunning, don't ya think?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: August 02, 2007 12:03:10 PM »

I don't know...I think I may end up with 4 mediums instead of 1 lrg, 1 med, 1 small. I have one project that is kind of large, but didn't take me that long, and 1 smallerish one that DID take me a long time...LOL

Who knows?!?!

I are confused!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It's a real burn, being right so often" - Malcomb Reynolds

Some of my illustrations:
http://www.dreamstime.com/easystreet_portfolio_pg1
My greeting card store:
http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com/easystreet
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...