A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Check out the current Craft Swaps available!
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
171 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102835 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
KTLynn8383
« Reply #480 on: July 24, 2007 08:06:53 PM »

Thanks for that link I hadn't seen that, and an encyclopedia would be great! I still have a few questions and I bet that would totally answer them (I could be really slow and someone else maybe able to answer them too), but even if that happens you can't have too much Harry Potter! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #481 on: July 24, 2007 09:11:19 PM »

I have my small and medium items done and started on the large one tonight. I still have another thing I want to do too, but just found out I am closing on a house August 24th, so I need to get wrapped up on crafts so I can get stuff packed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
vylentviolet
« Reply #482 on: July 25, 2007 07:07:50 AM »

So, was anyone else totally depressed after they finished the book?
I sure was. Not just because it's the last book, but because of the ending. Undecided

Oh yeah, and I'm totally excited to start craftin! I have already decided on pretty much everything that I am going to make. Cheesy That's a first!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://airrikka.etsy.com

personal swapper!!!
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #483 on: July 25, 2007 07:18:26 AM »

So, was anyone else totally depressed after they finished the book?
I sure was. Not just because it's the last book, but because of the ending. Undecided

Yes! My co-worker asked me what was wrong yesterday and I said "nothing" and she said that I had looked a bit down the past day or two ... I'm a bit down in the dumps now that it's over.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BadWolf
« Reply #484 on: July 25, 2007 08:34:12 AM »

I'm so happy my friends are finishing the book around this week so I can talk to them about it. Sheesh. I think the world should have shut down on the 21st so everyone could get one day of solid reading. Haha.

I have two small items almost done. So close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nyx_slittleDemon
« Reply #485 on: July 25, 2007 08:48:14 AM »

lol i agree..a day off would have been great. i have to wait for my cousin to get done reading and im going crazy not really having anyone to talk about it with and go..omg and when that one thing happend?!...lol..withdrawals are kicking in i think
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #486 on: July 25, 2007 10:08:28 AM »

haha no kidding! Why didn't the world just have an official world wide Harry Potter Reading Day?! That would have been nice Smiley

I felt like the biggest loser.. During one of my reading breaks, I went outside and saw kids playing with their parents.. and I was thinking "Man, don't you guys know what today is?! You're supposed to be inside reading! You guys are just unbelievable!"

LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Maltiriel

I touch the fire and it freezes me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #487 on: July 25, 2007 10:49:33 AM »

I can't believe how many posts this thread got during the weekend!  Shocked  I didn't check Craftster at all from Friday afternoon to Monday morning, so I just now caught up.  It's awesome hearing everyone's experiences and thoughts, so I just have to share mine. Wink

I think I may be alone in this, but I'm actually not sad that the series is over.  I mean, I'd love to see more books, but I'm happy to know what the ending is and to finally have closure.  In the past I've actually waited for series to end before even starting on them, because I hate waiting in between books.  I like reading stuff as a complete entity, I guess...  The encyclopedia sounds like a great follow-up, but personally I'd really love to see books about other parts of the HP universe, such as wizard life in other countries.

The release "party" I went to was pretty disappointing, in that they didn't start on time or even have all the stuff the paper said they would.  There were quite a few people in costumes though, and I'm sure I looked crazy trying to tell which Hogwarts scarves were hand knit.  It was pretty neat finding out there really are other crafters in my town, I just apparently don't know any of them. Wink

I'm almost done with one small craft, and I should finish two more this weekend.  After that though I'm having so much trouble narrowing down my list!  I have about a million ideas for crafts, and I really want to make all of them, but if I did that I wouldn't finish till December... Tongue I guess I'll just start crafting in order of supplies I have on hand and see where that takes me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There IS a choice: Vote Libertarian!
Wer mit Ungeheuern kmpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. -- Friedrich Nietzsche
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #488 on: July 25, 2007 11:02:28 AM »

I'm sure I looked crazy trying to tell which Hogwarts scarves were hand knit.

I kept looking at the scarves I saw too!  Most of them looked store bought, which was disappointing.  I guess it's because it doesn't get cold enough here to warrant a scarf. 
I dressed up though!  Anyone else?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 25, 2007 11:23:48 AM »

I went at lunch and got stuff for my big item today. Smiley I'm excited! I already know everything else I'm going to do, I just know I have to start on my big item or else I'll get lazy and won't get it done as nice as I want it to be when it's time to send. But I'm very excited to get started. Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...