A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,842
Currently Running With Scissors:
327 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 104199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sirensrising
« Reply #450 on: July 23, 2007 08:40:28 AM »

I'm up to about chapter 8 now, is there only me who's not overly impressed so far and not even sniffled once let alone shed a tear?? This coming from the woman whose ex used to shout "man the lifeboats" whatever I was actually reading  Undecided oh god, what if I've suddenly grown up and realised it IS only a story for kids after all?? nah....can't be THAT  Wink
I wasn't much impressed at first either...but now that I'm finished, I've been thinking about it and I'm dying to read it again now (must do at least SOME crafting though... Tongue). I didn't cry or tear up at all during the whole book, but after finishing something hit me and really affected me.

Keep going with it, keep an open mind, let it sink in, and then read it again  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
PaperBag
« Reply #451 on: July 23, 2007 08:44:04 AM »

wow, you didn't tear up or cry at all during the book? MAN! haha I'd felt sad in the first half, but I don't remember tearing up/crying until later. I was more loud than teary though. I kept on saying stuff like "That did NOT just happen!" and "No way!", "Go <insert character's name here>!!!" and "Holy %*$#!!!". My husband kept asking "what happened now??" LOL

And to those who've already PMd me back for partners, thank you Cheesy I appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #452 on: July 23, 2007 08:44:19 AM »

I'm up to about chapter 8 now, is there only me who's not overly impressed so far and not even sniffled once let alone shed a tear?? This coming from the woman whose ex used to shout "man the lifeboats" whatever I was actually reading  Undecided oh god, what if I've suddenly grown up and realised it IS only a story for kids after all?? nah....can't be THAT  Wink

Keep reading!!! I didnt really cry  Cry but i did tear up several times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
SevsOnlyGirl
Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: July 23, 2007 09:05:48 AM »

Thank you for the partner!! Smiley

I'm 3/4's of the way through the book and teared up once and cried once.  I'm terribly emotional though.  My daughter, 12yo, finished it and said she teared up a few times too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlBrett
« Reply #454 on: July 23, 2007 09:19:58 AM »

I guess I think too deepy about it. I cried at least 4 times. I think I have an unhealthy bond with the characters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirensrising
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2007 09:46:27 AM »

I guess I think too deepy about it. I cried at least 4 times. I think I have an unhealthy bond with the characters.
Your avatar is LOVE. Lovelovelove.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
idrinktea
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2007 10:04:49 AM »

I teared up a few times while I was reading but mostly I was incredibly jittery and I definitely gasped really loud and cackled a LOT when I saw the page that precedes the epilogue. And kind of turned back to the last paragraph and then back to that page a bunch of times and giggled at the craziness. It was the end of an 8 hour read, I was going nuts. I'm really glad my family wasn't home to witness that.

In other news, I have a bunch of small items and a medium item done but I want to do so much more. I'm having construction issues is all. Oh well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlBrett
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2007 10:09:14 AM »

Your avatar is LOVE. Lovelovelove.

Deviant art :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2007 11:31:39 AM »

I have a small item done and I am more than half way with my medium item. Smiley  I keep getting new ideas everyday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2007 11:40:49 AM »

Yea I have one small item done too. I have at least 3 more things I want to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upgrade Your Kitchen
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...