A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,820
Currently Running With Scissors:
213 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 104131 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: July 23, 2007 05:20:20 AM »

Hehe thanks. I was going to spend the whole weekend reading it (I got the book at 12:01 sat) but I got invited to the Ren Fair and was there all yesterday. I was so tired that I fell asleep over my book at 9:30.

I'm almost ready to send!!!! I took my BIG project with me to wait inline for the book and with me on the 2 hour drive to the Ren Fair yesterday. It's almost done. I should be sending out this week sometime.

You're ready to SEND?! It's not even August yet!!! I wish I had your speed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
kathleenalice
« Reply #441 on: July 23, 2007 05:48:21 AM »

Just to let you know that Naomi's posted new PotterPuffs (I know they're really popular for HP swaps) but DO NOT LOOK if you've not read DH. Seriously. There are BIG SHINY SPOILERS. It's not worth it. But they are pretty.

http://potterpuffs.livejournal.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PaperBag
« Reply #442 on: July 23, 2007 06:11:09 AM »

Partners! Half of the group has been partnered up already and can disregard this message. If you have not gotten a partner yet, this post is for you Cheesy

I'm posting the list of partners I've paired up. I believe that ViolinRomance will be posting (and updating) this list on page one to make it easier, but for now, here you go and happy crafting!!! I'm going to PM everyone their partner info now Smiley Please PM to let me know that you've received the information  Grin

jessvict-------------pandorascraftbox
MissTee_2----------frozenboogereatr
thetiniestspark------anneadeline
hardlyacting---------Michela
ninjapika------------greenapples
cassettetape--------kathleenalice
vylentviolet---------Sevsonlygirl
em0tionalprayer-----Lizzle
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007 06:24:20 AM by PaperBag » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: July 23, 2007 06:15:34 AM »

You are going to resend our partner info?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
PaperBag
« Reply #444 on: July 23, 2007 06:22:22 AM »

You are going to resend our partner info?

no, half the group (you're in that half) got partnered already..This is for the second half... Let me go clarify in my other message Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #445 on: July 23, 2007 06:22:41 AM »

I feel so lucky... my partner went and picked up our copies as soon as they went on sale. When he got home we sat side-by-side in our comfy couch rocking chairs, holding hand and read the book together, asking each other every 10 minutes "What page you up to?" and then talking about what we had read as we went along.

BTW, I loved the book (of course)
That's so sweet  Smiley
My boyfriend and I did something similar - we queued together, and I had to stay over at his house because I couldn't have gotten home otherwise. So when we got to his house, we made hot chocolate, sat on his couch in the kitchen, and read holding hands or with my legs over his lap (heh footrest). It was really nice, although then we both started falling asleep...

And in the morning, he slept in and I started reading, so I was ahead of him, and when we were in the car home (still reading, duh), I accidently pointed something out (immediately trying to close it, I had just totally forgotten and I had JUST read it so even I wasn't sure where it was going, I just wanted to show him one detail) and he saw...I don't think it even counts as a spoiler though, it was so obvious, but still, oops  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
cumber1137
Livin' to swap

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: July 23, 2007 06:35:26 AM »

no, half the group (you're in that half) got partnered already..This is for the second half... Let me go clarify in my other message Smiley

Oooh, ok. I get it. Wow, I was going to say! I'm almost done with my stuff and people are getting their info now, I feel so fast.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist --> http://www.wists.com/cumber1137

"Huzza for the tipper with the squished up boobs" - Luke from Gilmore Girls.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: July 23, 2007 08:22:41 AM »

I'm up to about chapter 8 now, is there only me who's not overly impressed so far and not even sniffled once let alone shed a tear?? This coming from the woman whose ex used to shout "man the lifeboats" whatever I was actually reading  Undecided oh god, what if I've suddenly grown up and realised it IS only a story for kids after all?? nah....can't be THAT  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #448 on: July 23, 2007 08:34:33 AM »

I'm up to about chapter 8 now, is there only me who's not overly impressed so far and not even sniffled once let alone shed a tear?? This coming from the woman whose ex used to shout "man the lifeboats" whatever I was actually reading  Undecided oh god, what if I've suddenly grown up and realised it IS only a story for kids after all?? nah....can't be THAT  Wink

I only teared up twice during the entire book. My husband makes fun of me because I cry at everything. I cried at the video that Adam Sandler made for Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates. I cry at everything, and I didn't cry at the book. But I was moved by it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: July 23, 2007 08:39:50 AM »

Gonna start crafting today!  Just got my partner info, but I already have some ideas as to what to do.  It's so great because there are so many Harry Potter-related things that one can make.

I only teared up twice during the entire book. My husband makes fun of me because I cry at everything. I cried at the video that Adam Sandler made for Drew Barrymore in 50 First Dates. I cry at everything, and I didn't cry at the book. But I was moved by it.
Partly due due exhaustion, I kept tearing up at things that weren't necessarily sad.  All of a sudden, something would get to me, and I'd be off.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce
@Home This Weekend: DIY Dessert Tray
October 9, 2019 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...