A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
125 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102899 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #400 on: July 22, 2007 06:18:27 AM »

I finished it at 6 oclock that morning and reread chunks of it outloud yesterday afternoon then slept all day. I bawled like a little baby. The hubby had to console me while I read him the ending and a few other chunks.

I, surprisingly enough, didn't cry as much as I thought I would. My best friend finished like 6 hours before I did and she told to brace myself and that I was going to cry. I only teared up a little bit on one part, but it may have been because I wanted to finish it so badly that I just kept reading. Everything's processing now, and I think I am in shock. The ending was a little...I don't know...cliche?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
sirensrising
« Reply #401 on: July 22, 2007 07:03:03 AM »

I'm finished it too. I started queuing around 10:30, got my book around 12:50, and when we got home my boyfriend and I read until 4 but then succumbed to sleep (although while he slept in in the morning, I continued to read). I was delayed a little because I had to stay in his house and then get home and such, but I finished at about 5:30 this morning.

I'll reread it soon, but for now...hm. There were a lot less surprises, I had read theories for most of the ends. Maybe we just know what to expect from her by now  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

« Reply #402 on: July 22, 2007 08:22:51 AM »

The ending was a little...I don't know...cliche?

I found that of pages 600-607....I think those I could have done without...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
shannon12
« Reply #403 on: July 22, 2007 08:55:48 AM »

I finished reading last night. It was so bittersweet for me. Right before the end I put it down and almost didnt want to finish it because I was sad that there were no more to come! I am emotionally drained like a lot of you. Someone said there are a lot of great quotes and there totally are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: July 22, 2007 09:22:41 AM »

I got it!!!

Been reading constantly since, and only just reached Chapter 9.
My gosh, i havent cried so much in a long time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
sundayafternoonhousewife
Super Crafty

handmade crafts and unsolicited advice

« Reply #405 on: July 22, 2007 11:18:16 AM »

Wow! I just finished. I certainly cried more than once. My husband kept looking over at me and I had tears in my eyes and he would laugh and so I finally just went and sat outside until I finished. I think the book was wonderful! I was so sad so many times though throughout. Oh, well I loved it! I am sad it is over, but now I can actually eat something and go take a shower  Tongue Oh I wish there was someone in my house I could talk to about it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafty bit of the internet:
http://sundayafternoonhousewife.com/
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: July 22, 2007 11:28:43 AM »

Oh I wish there was someone in my house I could talk to about it!

Ditto! My boyfriend and housemate are doing a great job of pretending to be interested though Tongue Asking me how its going every few hours and bringing me cups of tea and stuff hehe

BUT one big thing out of all this, boyfriend was chatting to someone at work about my Harrylove and that person apparently said 'well i bought my kids the audiobooks a few years back and accidently put them on my ipod, one day it went to shuffle and it played book 1 and i kept listening and got really into it! Now i love it!'

So Darrens now catching onto it after seeing the movie with me, me telling him about it, his mate telling me about it, and has been sent the audiobooks to listen to on his ipod while at work - hes a postman! Cheesy

Hurrah! I might have a Harry orientated boyfriend in a few months down the line! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2007 11:53:32 AM »

I didn't get my copy until today and too be honest I've had such an emotionally draining weekend anyway I DAREN'T start reading it, so please don't spoil it for me by inadvertantly letting anything slip...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2007 12:50:36 PM »

Wow! I just finished. I certainly cried more than once. My husband kept looking over at me and I had tears in my eyes and he would laugh and so I finally just went and sat outside until I finished. I think the book was wonderful! I was so sad so many times though throughout. Oh, well I loved it! I am sad it is over, but now I can actually eat something and go take a shower  Tongue Oh I wish there was someone in my house I could talk to about it!

I feel your pain! No one in my house is in to harry potter and actually think I'm a little nuts so they don't care that im distraught lol. My best friend is the only one I know who has finished the book, but it didn't upset her as much as it did me (She wasn't as attached to the characters in question as I was). I'm waiting for my other HP buddy to finish so we can comiserate together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2007 12:53:16 PM »

It was quite frustrating for me, because I finished reading the book (I started first) at my aunt's house and all of my cousins were still reading it. I just had to talk to somebody about it!!! I cried once.

If anyone wants to discuss it with me, feel free to PM me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...