A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,577
Currently Running With Scissors:
160 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 102902 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
thebakersgirl
« Reply #320 on: July 20, 2007 07:22:16 AM »

I'm making my shirt tonight. It's just a blank shirt with the shadows of MWPP running along the bottom. I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT. At my Barnes and Noble, if you ordered the book, you had to go up there this morning and get a ticket with a number, and tonight, they're going to call the numbers to pick up books. I'M IN THE FIRST 50. I'm getting my book, paying, and scrambling out as fast as I can, so as not to be spoiled. And I'm taking a flashlight in the car to read on the way home.
kbauer: That third Ron pic? I have almost that exact same one on the shirt I am wearing RIGHT NOW. I got it last year at Hot Topic when the fourth movie came out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: July 20, 2007 07:26:50 AM »

I'm making my shirt tonight. It's just a blank shirt with the shadows of MWPP running along the bottom. I CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT. At my Barnes and Noble, if you ordered the book, you had to go up there this morning and get a ticket with a number, and tonight, they're going to call the numbers to pick up books. I'M IN THE FIRST 50. I'm getting my book, paying, and scrambling out as fast as I can, so as not to be spoiled. And I'm taking a flashlight in the car to read on the way home.
kbauer: That third Ron pic? I have almost that exact same one on the shirt I am wearing RIGHT NOW. I got it last year at Hot Topic when the fourth movie came out.

What's MWPP stand for? I'm feeling less and less Potter-ish! I can't wait for tonight either!! I haven't heard anything about my B&N doing the ticket thing, but I think I may call, just to be on the safe side. I found a PotterPuff picture that I absolutely adore, so I am going to try my hand at fabric crayons later this morning. I'm tres excited! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it goes well! As for anyone who's worked with fabric crayons, I have only been able to find packs with magenta, no red...does the magenta come out sort of reddish? I will be so sad if it doesn't. That's the only thing that I'm nervous about! I'm also thinking of putting a Ron puff & various Ron quotes on a tote bag of some sort to take with me to the book release party. I am sooo excited!!

thebakersgirl I love me some Ron! I wish I had the nerve to brave our mall to hit up Hot Topic (I've only lived here for 3 months and have set foot in the mall twice) for some HP shirts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Knickertwist
Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

Gimme some sugar baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #322 on: July 20, 2007 07:29:12 AM »

I'm so happy that there are other 'mature' gals who are a whacky about Ron and the whole Harry Potter huballoo. Mostly I just get weird looks when my eyes turn dreamy and I start gabbing about my Potter maddness.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #323 on: July 20, 2007 07:32:34 AM »

I'm so happy that there are other 'mature' gals who are a whacky about Ron and the whole Harry Potter huballoo. Mostly I just get weird looks when my eyes turn dreamy and I start gabbing about my Potter maddness.

Yes, yes, we are out there. I do pay a price for my Ron craziness. My husband rags on me any chance he can get, but I don't care. I love me some Ron!! (I'm thinking of putting that in my signature haha, or maybe "I heart Rupert"...ohh yes yes I do)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
kathleenalice
« Reply #324 on: July 20, 2007 08:19:59 AM »

Just got what MWPP is! Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot & Prongs aka the Marauders, yes?

Deductive powers are GO!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007 09:00:41 AM by kathleenalice - Reason: it's 'aka' not 'sks'...i can't type » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 20, 2007 08:28:22 AM »

Oh, and what does "pwnd" me? I always thought it was "owned." I guess I'm not as big of a Potter Freak as I thought.  Cry

You're right! It's owned. It's just the netslang/gaming geek version of owned. So you're still a big Potter Freak!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
PaperBag
« Reply #326 on: July 20, 2007 08:37:36 AM »

Woo! My husband is so great and understanding! We went to the 600pm show- it was GREAT! It was funny... I could have sworn that I was in a theater with all of you! When the "dolby digital" screen came up, the entire audience started whooping and hollering. It was so funny! All through the movie, everyone was "yeah!"ing and "noo!"ing. I was in great company!

Anyways, after the movie ended, I saw there was a 930pm showing as well. Yeah, that's right... I went to that showing also Smiley I told my husband he could just leave and pick me up later, but the wonderful guy just came with me again. Heehee I loved the movie and get my book in 9 hours! WOO what a great Potter weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

« Reply #327 on: July 20, 2007 08:47:52 AM »

I have to admit I knew what 'pwned' ment .. but then I'm a gamer geek too ... however MWPP was news to me Smiley

I'm still catching back up on books .. audio books while crafting take MUCH longer to get through than sitting down and reading, but it sure makes the crafting go faster Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
chicomich

Art by Anne-Julie Aubry

« Reply #328 on: July 20, 2007 08:54:01 AM »

Ok, so when I first learned about the leaked book, I thought, "This is crap!" and I started researching it, expecting to find out it was a hoax. Yeah, I am that dumb. I found out something really important before I quickly closed my browser. I am so mad at myself.

Then yesterday, I saw a World of Warcraft video I wanted to see (Leeroy Jenkins remix, if anyone is interested). There was about 5 seconds of the video, then the screen turned black with white text, saying "so-and-so happened on page #". There were a bajillion spoilers there! Luckily, only one stuck with me, but I am so mad about the one that did! No more surfing for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

She who dies with the most fabric wins!
thebakersgirl
« Reply #329 on: July 20, 2007 09:08:52 AM »

Just got what MWPP is! Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot & Prongs aka the Marauders, yes?

Yes, that's right. Sorry for the confusion! Usually I would just say "the Marauders", but the shirt is the one over in the HP Release T-Shirts thread, and it has the Marauders in animal forms, so I put MWPP (the animal nicknames).

I love me some Ron! I wish I had the nerve to brave our mall to hit up Hot Topic (I've only lived here for 3 months and have set foot in the mall twice) for some HP shirts.
Aw, you should. Well. They have some DA shirts that are pretty cool, and a Marauder's Map pillow that I want SO BADLY. I know there's a Snape shirt, and a Sirius Black one (got it!), but I'm not sure if there are any with just Ron. So if that's what you want...I got mine last year, when the fourth movie had just come out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007 09:10:17 AM by thebakersgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Collapsible Tier Tray
Well, Hello (Art)Dolly!
Meatless Monday: Green Tomato Pie

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...