A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,621
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 103104 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
sirensrising
« Reply #620 on: August 04, 2007 06:34:37 AM »

Just because I want to get in on the complaining...I live in one of the most expensive countries in Europe (if not the most expensive, we're in the top three) and that sort of sucks. I didn't really notice it until I started swapping (example: a knitting magazine is 6-7 which would be about $9...is that normal??!) and learning that y'all get your supplies so cheap and so readily (and you have SO MUCH cool stuff - I'd love a JoAnns or Michaels from what I've heard, and we have the worst selection of fabric at the highest prices ever). Also, YKYACW you don't even do the crafts but you still keep up with the supplies  Tongue

But on the plus side, I love it when the dollar is weak against the euro - it's never as good as the British pound but I usually lose at least shipping in the conversion (I buy a lot of Threadless shirts). So, that's awesome. Although, now I'm spending so much on craft supplies I don't have any money to spend like that anyway, heh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: August 04, 2007 07:39:16 AM »

sirensrising, its the same for us just over the water, magazines are around 4 each. The cheapest fabric in my local shop (and its not nice stuff) is 3 - 4 a metre.
Buying online from the US is an option I can't afford because of the postage/customs. If I ever get over the pond for a holiday I'm taking empty suitcases to stock up lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
PaperBag
« Reply #622 on: August 04, 2007 08:37:35 AM »

no, no restrictions on internet/shipping over here for me so i'm lucky. I'm hardly the online shopper, though. I'm sure as time goes by, I'll start shopping online, but for now, I'll just pay the higher prices so I can get instant gratification with my goodies Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: August 06, 2007 07:49:11 PM »

Okay, to keep myself on track:

Big:  95% done
small - 10% done
medium - 30% done
medium - 30% done

Now, just to finish them! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BadWolf
« Reply #624 on: August 06, 2007 07:50:46 PM »

Big:15%
Medium:33%
Small:80%
Small:95%

thingies: something %

I have a bunch of days off this week so I can craft like it's going out of style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Swap Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: August 06, 2007 08:06:50 PM »

Oh, days off to craft would be nice.  This past weekend I went camping, so no crafting there.  I'm going to be doing some this weekend if the children and hubby will leave me alone.  Not likely. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalthepirate
« Reply #626 on: August 06, 2007 08:23:31 PM »

gotta sew together my large item, then possibly try again on another item. then i'm set to send. yay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #627 on: August 06, 2007 09:37:33 PM »

i signed myself up to volunteer at a humane pet place last week and by the time the weekend rolled around i didnt have any energy to craft! but now back to business!
big- 5%
medium- 100%
medium(maybe)- 2%
small- 100%
small- 20%

EEKK the big one is gonna kill me!  Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #628 on: August 07, 2007 06:03:50 AM »

I desperately want to finish up my stuff, but I have a needed 1 yr old and we're trying to finish up painting before my 5yr old comes home from being at Grandma's house for 6 weeks. I'm just so excited it's hard for me to concentrate on crafting! Also, the hours of sewing (hey I'm a beginner  Tongue) the curtains and valances for his room are pretty much monopolizing all of my time these days. Luckily he comes home a week before the sendout date.  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
mixymo

Craftsters + HP Fandom = Best people in the world!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #629 on: August 07, 2007 06:14:16 AM »

ok. progress since last post: zero
but i had an awesome idea. i don't want to say anymore! ahahah!
now to do my head in with stressful tafe homework. why do computers always suck when you need them to work?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

The Sketchbook Project 2012: Across the World
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...