A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 78
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Everything Harry Potter Swap (SIGN UPS CLOSED; MAIL BY 24th August)  (Read 104397 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Lizzle
« Reply #590 on: August 02, 2007 12:28:23 PM »

I'm sort of in the same boat.  I think I will have 2 larges and 2 smalls, but I think that's at least as much as 1 large, 1 med, and 1 small, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #591 on: August 02, 2007 12:43:04 PM »

I want to poll everyone here...what constitutes a "big" project for you all? I'm not expecting anyone to spill the beans; I just want to get a rough idea. This is my first swap and I want to make sure that I don't disappoint my partner. I mean, I am spoiling her with lots of goodies and filler items, but I want to make sure that what I have in mind for her big project is indeed, a "big" item. Smiley

i am very interested on what everyone says about this....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
BabySkilz

I'm Beautifully Tragic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #592 on: August 02, 2007 01:04:51 PM »

I think a large project is considered 6+ hours, medium 3 hours, and small 1-2 hours.  This is just a guide line since some people craft faster or slower.  I started what I thought would only take 1-2 hours and it has taken more like 3+ hours.  I think we just have to use our best judgement. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anneadeline
Crafty Scientist

GEEK on so many levels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: August 02, 2007 01:53:19 PM »

To me a big project means it take a few sittings to do.  Like I have to work on it over a few days.  A medium project takes about two sittings, and the smalls just take one.  This works system well for me and my attention span.
Big item: 80%
Medium: 100%
Small #1: 90%
Small#2 & 3: planning stages (waiting for supplies)
How are the rest of you doing?  I love seeing where everyone else is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninjapika

Wouldn't I be a great spokesperson for things?

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 02, 2007 02:03:23 PM »

I base it on how long it takes me also. So my big item, I try to figure out how long it would take someone who does that type of craft a lot. Is it something that takes time for someone who does that as their main craft or one of their mains. If I think it would take that person over 6 hours, then I consider it big.

I don't know, it makes sense in my head, but not so much typed out.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pam Beesley: Finally, I want to thank God, because God gave me this Dundee and I feel God in this Chili's tonight.
Lizzle
« Reply #595 on: August 02, 2007 02:15:33 PM »

I knit a lot of the stuff that I do for swaps and so I'd say that a lot of the stuff I knit would be a large craft.  As an example, if I were making a scarf or a shrug, it would probably be a large (as it would take me more than 6 hours).  A sweater would be a HUGE craft...maybe I would count it as my large and my medium or my small (but if I were going to knit something that big, I would definitely discuss it with my partner first).  And something like a headband or armwarmers or a simple hat could count as a medium or small depending on how much time it takes and how involved it is.

I'm afraid that might not help as much for non-knitters, but it's the best I've got at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kathleenalice
« Reply #596 on: August 02, 2007 02:59:20 PM »

just to say i finished my large today. and it was definately a large - a couple of hours on saturday, all day sunday (interspersed with the beginnings of a baby blanket for my cousin who's due in december), a couple of hours monday, three hours yesterday and two hours today! but i am reeeeeeeally slow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #597 on: August 02, 2007 03:13:16 PM »

My problem is that I've started something for my partner, and now I want to change it, but I can't see my work going to waste. It's knitted and I'm a slow knitter. I can crochet at least 3 times faster than I knit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
kathleenalice
« Reply #598 on: August 02, 2007 03:15:42 PM »

My problem is that I've started something for my partner, and now I want to change it, but I can't see my work going to waste. It's knitted and I'm a slow knitter. I can crochet at least 3 times faster than I knit.

i've never quite got the hang of it, but there is a way to attach chrochet to knitting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

« Reply #599 on: August 02, 2007 03:36:23 PM »

i've never quite got the hang of it, but there is a way to attach chrochet to knitting.

Yes ma'am there is. I can do it, and I am doing it. haha. Just there's 2 part of the item that HAVE to be knitted. I'm crocheting the rest of it. I'm just blah with it. I think I'm having a yarn overdose.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 78 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: School Spirit Wreath
November 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Map Paper Pinecones

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...