A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  Fanatic Friends of Craftster can disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 315,564
Currently Running With Scissors:
154 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: the BIG yarn stash and organization SHOW OFF!  (Read 38563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Jenoware
« Reply #100 on: October 22, 2006 04:08:17 PM »

That is the best bag. What a GREAT find. I'm never that lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mosquito
« Reply #101 on: October 22, 2006 04:13:53 PM »

I definitely need ideas, currently I'm keeping my stash in plastic bags under my desk and I'm running out of room for my legs. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
arabella
« Reply #102 on: October 22, 2006 04:33:46 PM »

Sorry this picture is not of my yarn stash, but this was a picture I had on photobucket already.  so, the top drawer of the plastic three-drawer thing has all my needles (and crochet hooks, and embroidery supplies) all thrown pell-mell inside.  but because there is lots of space in there, they are easy to find.  and my yarn is stored identically to the fabric in this photo, in a hanging sweater thing, except its out of frame, on the left side of the closet.  the colored boxes on the bookshelf are for WIPs.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019 01:51:22 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
patamon
the sleepy one

peek-a-boo!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 22, 2006 05:23:42 PM »

I keep my stash under my bed. I have two canvas storage cubes filled with yarn, a wicker picnic basket filled with yarn, and one other box of yarn. I store all my needles in the picnic basket. It's not really what you could call organized, but it works for me.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonLightbliss33

Knitting Love <3

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 22, 2006 05:58:08 PM »

I went through all my yarn today and my yarn is mostly neutral colors and PINK!  :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged
clockworkclover
But, why is the rum gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2006 07:05:33 PM »

My closet is where everything is kept. It's an awful mess and I refuse to take a picture of it. I have wire cube-things from Target with all of my craft stuff jammed in it. So, that includes my stash, which is pretty pathetic. My WIP's are in my living room on my coffee table and my needles are hap hazard about my apartment... so what i'm really trying to say is, My name is cloverdragon and I am disorganized.

So, I'm essentially lurking and terribly curious how people manage organization.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Zia
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2006 07:32:55 PM »

Ok, it's not the prettiest thing, but it does the job.

Link Broken

I am also thinking about making a dpn holder with fabric.  Grin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006 06:52:12 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2006 06:47:50 AM »

https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19714.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2006 06:54:53 AM »

Sorry this picture is not of my yarn stash, but this was a picture I had on photobucket already.  so, the top drawer of the plastic three-drawer thing has all my needles (and crochet hooks, and embroidery supplies) all thrown pell-mell inside.  but because there is lots of space in there, they are easy to find.  and my yarn is stored identically to the fabric in this photo, in a hanging sweater thing, except its out of frame, on the left side of the closet.  the colored boxes on the bookshelf are for WIPs.

Would you like to come over and organize my place? Grin Grin  My stuff is all scattered in plastic bags.  I feel so ashamed.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006 07:21:31 AM by Lothruin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calysa
I heart Anegada

~ will craft for peanuts ~

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2006 08:03:41 AM »

Here is my yarn closet.

The plastic bins are just big enough to store smaller skeins (Sugar & Cream, Noro) standing up.  5 drawer storage unit was originally a printer stand with drawers just big enough to hold standard sheets of paper.  I pulled it out of the depths of the basement and after a good scrubbing, it's perfect for storing my knitting supplies.  And I use a portable filing cabinet to store all my patterns.  I don't think my husband has ever opened this closet. *HA*
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010 08:58:57 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistake?  No... it's an Unexpected Design Element.  I put it there on purpose.  *ahem*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
June 20, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Shea Butter Sugar Scrub
Fancy a Cuppa?

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...