A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
197 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 1962 wedding gown  (Read 23094 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007 10:30:33 PM »

We had the bridal party facing the guests and the officiant facing the river when he was talking to us, but off to the side when he was introducing us and when the readings were being done.  But we weren't quite as squashed together as this:

Also, I meant to say, that I love the fact you are wearing your mum's dress and that she had good enough taste that it could still be worn! Cheesy  I used to fit in my mum's wedding dress (when I was about 13) but my shoulders are much too broad now.  Plus my tummy.  And my hips. You get the idea Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
KariudoMegami
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2007 11:57:00 PM »

Oh wow, that's absolutely beautiful! (I really like the patch, the embroidery is lovely) Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007 04:49:36 AM »

MAR, is the officiant going to stand in front of you with his back to the guests?  If so, won't he block the view of your hands to your guests?

Sorry, I'm totally overthinking this. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
*MAR*
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007 08:34:42 AM »

MAR, is the officiant going to stand in front of you with his back to the guests?  If so, won't he block the view of your hands to your guests?

Sorry, I'm totally overthinking this. Cheesy

Our lovely, Aussie officiant, Pia, is going to be in front, and in between us, during the portions that she is talking directly to us. During readings (just like cmc_aust), and when she is addressing the family, she'll be off to one side. We are getting married down near the river, our guests are standing on the pathway UP from the river, so it is an ampitheatre effect. Here's one of the pathways up from where we're getting married (sorry, I only have our fall and snowy winter pictures, because that is when we go and feed the ducks the most, so they won't starve - but the pathways are verdant and green and filled with wildflowers right now.)

So, everyone should have a really good vantage point from being angled up. I imagine we'll make some adjustments on Friday evening at the rehearsal. I will let you know if we go with our original plan. And thank you for being worried about it, I know you have my day's best interests at heart. I appreciate it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007 08:44:46 AM »

OOohHHH!  That's entirely different than I envisioned!  The angled pathways will create a wonderful effect and totally widen the view... wow, wow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Crafts Chats Swaps
thekster
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007 05:29:34 PM »

i'm imagining it with lush green prettiness, and i love it. just a comment, if i was a guest, i'd be kinda "bleh" about having to stand the whole time. do you have any elderly, overweight, or injured people attending?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
*MAR*
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007 07:02:26 PM »

Everyone just has to suck it up.  Cheesy They can handle standing for 30 minutes. If they can't, they don't have to come. I have made arrangements for my Grandmother to be seated and comfortable during the ceremony, and my ailing Step-father. Everyone else is of sound body. I know I sound harse, but the ceremony is for my FI and I. I wanted a completely private ceremony, and am making serious concessions having anyone else there.

Anyone who is considering eloping, do it.... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007 07:03:53 PM »

Anyone who is considering eloping, do it.... Wink

Seriously!  We can add "Elopements" to the title of the board, too! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Crafts Chats Swaps
*MAR*
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007 07:05:46 PM »

Seriously!  We can add "Elopements" to the title of the board, too! Cheesy

That would be great! When we were at City Hall getting our marriage license, I was pointing at the couples getting hitched, saying to my FI "It would solve so many problems just to go get in THAT line!". ha ha ha  Oh lordy. I love my entire family, but sometimes they know how to p*ss on a dream.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007 07:14:42 PM »

haha i'm really worried about my future mother in law trying to take everything over (she's a bit of a craftster herself... she used to have a little booth at a craft mall where she sold her junk) so i'm trying to get everything i can done so when she tried to do anything, i can say "oh dont worry about it, it's already taken care of."
i really want to say "screw it" and get married now in vegas or something but my mom will kill me if she didn't get to see me get married. and my fiance's older bro already had a secret marriage so his mom didn't get to go.
oy. family.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...