A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
146 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My 1962 wedding gown  (Read 23097 times)
Tags for this thread: wedding_dress  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2007 06:08:42 PM »

Wow, what a gorgeous dress and wonderful transformation!   
The other priceless part is a great mother/daughter project that you got to do together and add this one to your memories!  Congratulations on your upcoming marriage and definitely post pics of the big day in your beautiful dress!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
thekster
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2007 06:20:55 PM »

Yeah, it was a bit unnerving putting it on the first time. My chest is definitely not in the same place hers was. Yikes. Mostly she was worried that she might not do it right, or do right by me. I think she is ace, and has done an amazing job. She will be happy that you said you think it should be corsetted in white. That is what she keeps trying to foist on me! But, here is the dress I fell in love with, and you will understand then why I wanted the green detail. Plus, I think it ties it all together.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/BrettAnderson/weddinggownbackdetail.jpg

I am hoping it won't have as many photographic issues on the wedding day. The photos we took were indoors, in the evening, and with a flash. So, fingers crossed it comes up better.

Haha ok don't tell her I said it then. Your inspiration dress is really pretty too, and your dress looks very very much like it (minus the stitching detail.) If the lacing isn't as shiny in real life, it's great, but remember, your back is what your guests will be seeing the most of at the ceremony (and probably will be taking pics.) I'd just hate for you to not even be able to tell it's corsetted in your pics
Your mom did a wonderful job
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007 07:15:37 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please remove the [IMG] tags when quoting, thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
spicecarrie
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2007 06:27:38 PM »

Wow! It's gorgeous! I love the original and the modifed one. Beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laur328
Blood, Sweat and Crafts.

Let's get high on art supplies and hibernate!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2007 06:41:10 PM »

wow that is so gorgeous and very sweet to use your moms dress to.  7-7-07 is my cousins wedding date and her color is the same green as yours  how odd it that.  good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/rooftopstudio
mlle_rachelmarie

Writing my dissertation in 15 minutes a day.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2007 07:08:20 PM »

This is so wonderful!  Cheesy

Our family has a wedding dress as well: my granny, two great-aunts, two cousins, and mother all wore it.  I tried it on and it was too small (same rib cage issue!) and I wish I'd had the inspiration you and your mother have had with this project!!!  I gave up and got a new one.  Undecided 

I'm so impressed she's doing beading as well!!  Can't wait to see the final pic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog about my Paris life, books, and artsy crafty things: http://www.craftyrachel.com
that1spazticchik

<3 The Donnas <3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2007 07:53:24 PM »

oh wow, that looks great. i loveeee that green satin. and i looooove that it's a corset!! sooo pretty. congrats and good luck with the wedding!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2007 07:54:36 PM »

Haha ok don't tell her I said it then. Your inspiration dress is really pretty too, and your dress looks very very much like it (minus the stitching detail.) If the lacing isn't as shiny in real life, it's great, but remember, your back is what your guests will be seeing the most of at the ceremony (and probably will be taking pics.) I'd just hate for you to not even be able to tell it's corsetted in your pics
Your mom did a wonderful job

Our officiant suggested we face the attendees. So, my FI, myself, and our bridal party are going to face our guests. That way, only the officiant's back is to the guests. I think that is a great way to include people more closely in the ceremony. But, it doesn't leave a lot of time for them to gaze admiringly at my corsetting! ha ha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
The Final Craftster Admin
Thank you for everything.

Join us on LettuceCraft.com!

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2007 08:01:35 PM »

Our officiant is facing our guests and we're facing each other in front of him like this (I took this picture where we're getting married, he he he):

I don't think I'd like anyone's back to the guests, but obviously it's personal preference.  Cheesy I think this is a great compromise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Our future home is Lettuce Craft!
Just... Let.Us.Craft.

Launching soon: http://lettucecraft.com/
Crafts Chats Swaps
kitsue43
Conspiracy Theorist.

Gamers unite!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007 09:29:28 PM »

It looks amazing! I hope when I get older I get to be the kind of crafty mother your mother is  Smiley
I want my children to flock to me to make them things!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sora: I've... I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like...Is any of this real... Or not?
byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007 10:28:36 PM »

lovely! Your mom looked like a movie star! Cheesy She did a great job with adding in the corset, and i'm sure you'll look gorgeous when you get married!  I wish I could wear my mom's dress...but sadly, she's 5'2 and i'm 5'9!  She was also a size 6 ( Shocked ) when she got married!  I'm at least a size 14!  But I hope to incorporate part of her dress into my wedding!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...