A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 313,566
Currently Running With Scissors:
167 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My First Ever Knitting Project...Completed!!  (Read 4798 times)
Tags for this thread: bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

kbauer
Yarn Geek, Lover of Rainbows

I wear my heart on my sleeve.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007 01:48:25 PM »

that looks like the isabeau purse! it's adorable! https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=77317.0 there was a knitalong for this.

it looks awesome, especially for your first project!

Yes, it is the Isabeua Purse. I didn't know if saying exactly what it was & putting that I found it on chezplum.com would be considered advertising. But you are absolutely right!  Smiley I also purchased the pattern for the handbag & tote, but have since put it on the back burner to pursue other projects. I tend to do that, a lot! I start something & then get bored with it & start something else. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

<3 I heart Rupert Grint! <3
razorsharp

rely a bit too heavily on alcohol and irony.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007 04:35:37 PM »

i did the exact same thing! i did the free pattern, got all excited, bought the pattern for the other ones, but then i already knew how to do the lace part so i kind of puttered out. i get bored if it's not learning something new.

yours is super cute in the multi colored yarn, i used a blue merino wool with gold thread in it. the yarn totally changes the look of the purse!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

design. dye. knit. spin. sip.
Kpuppy
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007 05:57:39 PM »

You are not allowed to advertise goods that you are selling on Craftster, but you are absolutely always allowed to give credit to the designer, and especially share free patterns with your fellow craftsters!

I'm very impressed with your first project! A real pattern with stitch patterns and everything! You are well on your way to becoming an ambitious knitter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kbauer

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2007 06:13:03 AM »

Well, after posting my isabeau purse, I got all inspired to work on my handbag more...but when I went to find the pattern, I couldn't. I have it saved on my computer, but we are out of ink, so I couldn't print out another copy. Blah. So I am starting to attempt (there's the key word, attempt) to sew myself a diaper bag. I'm feeling the itch to crochet something though. That's my main talent, crochet.

But I really do want to finish my handbag. Maybe I need to pull it out & try it in a different yarn. I don't know yet. I'm crazy obsessed with Sugar 'n Cream yarns, but I'm cheap & the Lion Brand is more bang for your buck. haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Completely rainbow obsessed SAHM to 3 & hoping to add #4 to our family this fall!

Have old jeans, pillowcases, or t-shirts? I'll take them! I'm also always looking for the sleeves to women's long sleeved shirts!

kbauer

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2007 06:15:07 AM »

You are not allowed to advertise goods that you are selling on Craftster, but you are absolutely always allowed to give credit to the designer, and especially share free patterns with your fellow craftsters!

I'm very impressed with your first project! A real pattern with stitch patterns and everything! You are well on your way to becoming an ambitious knitter!

What exactly are "stitch" patterns?

I relied heavily on the internet to help me along. I do remember when I learned how to pick up stitches (I used a crochet hook). I was so proud of mysef!

Thank you everyone for the great comments & encouragement!! It makes me want to knit something else!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kpuppy
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2007 07:35:49 AM »

Well, knitting is just two stitches: Knit and purl, however, when you use some combination of those two stitches paired with increases/decreases to produce a pattern of some kind, that is a stitch pattern! In reality, I guess stockinette (knit one side, purl the other), garter (knit all stitches) and rib (knit the knits and purl the purls) are also stitch patterns, but when I think of stitch patterns, I usually think of lace or something like what you did with this purse.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

burnt muffin
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2007 08:17:01 AM »

wow! all I can knit are scarves!!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ironmaiden
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2007 09:28:45 AM »

Hey Everyone. Well, I am extremely new to this site, so please bear with me. I wanted to show everyone the tiny purse I knitted my best friend for her birthday last month. I found a free pattern for it, a great yarn, and went to town. Also, it was my first attempt at knitting, period. I used my little how-to-knit-and-crochet book and different how-to-knit websites to teach myself how to knit. I am so proud of myself! I am currently working on the same purse, only a bigger variation, with the same exact yarn (I loved it so much!). It turned out much smaller than I expected, but my best friend doesn't like big purses, so it actually worked out pretty good. I haven't posted enough times to be allowed to post my actual pictures, so you can view them here:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/sweetshootingstar/IMG_0239.jpg

Here's a close-up of the stitches:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/sweetshootingstar/IMG_0241.jpg

Anyway,I hope you all enjoyed it! If you have any other free & easy knitting patterns you'd like to pass on, I'd love to see them! Have a great day!  Smiley

It's cute - nice for a first project.

I'm a Knitty addict myself (knitty.com) -- really cool patterns and there are a lot of easy ones - you can see the current season's issue and patterns and also peruse the back issues in the archives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007 11:08:50 AM »

www.knittingpatterncentral.com is a great comprehensive list of free patterns, but other than that, you sort of have to stumble on to them or do a google search for what you want. I agree with ironmaiden, knitty.com is a great resource, and also Magknits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kiggygraf
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007 07:56:28 AM »

Wow, you're friend is really lucky to have someone like you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Stained Chairs
Tute Tuesday: Box of Chocolates Wreath
Sweet Hearts

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...