A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
December Announcement: It's time for our Eighth Annual Gingerbread Contest!  Craft and enter a project for a chance to win a prize!
Total Members: 319,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
263 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've found an alternative for freezer paper  (Read 20968 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007 12:41:46 PM »

I use something called 'Pro-Film' its papery one side and has a yellow waxy/plastic layer on the other which you iron onto the screen. Does anyone else use this? My Mum used to be an art teacher and has a roll of it.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012 03:17:30 PM »

Hiya all,,,

I live in the UK and we don't have freezer paper either.
The alternative I use,,,and it's a pretty cheap method too,,,is using Printer Photo paper.
I print my design onto the dull side of the photo paper then place the shiny side face down onto my fabric,,iron it at an averagely high heat for about 10 seconds,,,and job done! You can use this method for stencilling,,,where you print the design on the dull side, cut out, then iron it on,,,or print template, design, shapes, etc on the dull side, iron on, then cut your shape, template out,,,then just peel the paper off. Perfect patterns! everytime,,,and it's cheap to do. I get 18 A4 sheets at a shop called poundland. Any of the printer Photo papers work,,,Happy stencilling!!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?
Offline Offline

Posts: 9656
Joined: 22-Jul-2006

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012 12:23:01 AM »

I have found that when people use the term freezer paper, they may not find it, but have you tried looking for it as butcher paper or butcher wrap?  Both terms are used here in Canada - Reynolds is one company that makes it here and they use the term freezer wrap commercially, for their product sold in grocery stores, but I  found that when BIL used that term to look for a large box of it at a game/hunting supply store, they had not clue.  When other BIL went to the same store and asked for butcher wrap, they showed him right away to the big display of it. 

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Recycled Sweater Quilt
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2017: Mini Heart Pinata
Oh, deer!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2017, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.