A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
188 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Liana's Wedding Quilt  (Read 1935 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
SweetMemoriesQuilts
« on: July 06, 2007 05:27:51 AM »

Liana and I have been friends since we met in Residence at Glendon College in Toronto. We were both near the end of our degrees and we had both just ended pretty serious relationship's. We got on like hand and glove running around town and getting into all kinds of trouble.

Over the years, I moved to Zurich for a little while and then started my career in Insurance, married the love of my life and had a beautiful baby last year. Liana got her teaching degree in addition to her bachelor and moved to Kuwait. She was only supposed to be gone for 2 years.

Just before the end of the second year I get an email telling me that she's fallen madly in love and gotten hitched. Who even knew she was dating? I was thrilled and couldn't wait to meet the man who must be pretty special to have tamed such a wild woman.

Of course, I wanted to make them a special quilt for their wedding gift. I found the rich floral fabric and worked around it. The colours really spoke to me and I knew that Liana would love them too. My husband said that he would like the pattern more if it was more structured, but I knew that crazy Liana wouldn't agree...

They decided to have a reception on the Friday before the Canada Day long weekend at Liana's parents home in Kingston. I had bought a whole bunch of fabric markers so that all of the guests could write messages on the back side of the quilt. Unfortunately, I never made it to the reception to present the quilt, or meet the man because some people decided to protest on the main highway strip...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007 06:04:48 AM by SweetMemoriesQuilts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucylost
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007 12:51:25 PM »

I really like the quilt - it is fresh and pretty and I like the calm, yet "crazy" patterning Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK----

KCR++ Exp+ SPM- Bam++ Pl+ Addi+ Syn(-) Nov-- Cot+ Wool+ Lux? Hemp?>+ Stash+ Scale+ Fin-- Ent [email protected] Lace+ Tex++ Flat-- Circ+++ !DPN ML+++ !Swatch KIP++ Blog EZ+ FO- WIP+ GaugeF GaugeS+ GaugeDK+ GaugeW+ GaugeB- AltCr AltX

----END KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK----
ZumaGirl74
Rebel at home & abroad.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007 11:33:34 AM »

The colors look very fresh & calming, but the pattern is really interesting and free-spirited.  I like it, I hope the bride enjoys it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
July 17, 2019 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...