A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 314,293
Currently Running With Scissors:
368 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrug it ON. :)  (Read 54015 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Gierma
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2005 09:14:00 AM »

I love this one...

I need one of these....before i go on holiday

where could I get a hold of this pattern....?? i've never heard about magpie..what is htat

I would be sooo great to have that on on my holiday in march in australia, cause I get cold at night, but I still want to show my new camis...

//m
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2005 09:41:56 AM »

Go to Magknits.com then at the bottom of the page there's an Archive link, there you'll see the pattern category ("knit us") and the pattern is called Hug.
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xtreme-jen
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2005 10:01:04 AM »

Hi all - I'm the designer of the Hug pattern....one of you kindly let me know there were queries about the pattern on here, so I've come over here to try and help.  I feel really bad about this and have no idea how it happened (well me being not observant enough I guess) but there are mistakes in the pattern.
When I wrote it I made row by row notes, so I think in condensing it to a real pattern mistakes crept in.  I have gone over the notes, and these are the mistakes:

Firstly the rib pattern - the * is misplaced - it should be:

Rib Pattern
Row 1: *k2 (p2, k2), p2 (k2, p2)*, rep to last 2 sts, k2 (p2, k2)
Row 2: *p2 (k2, p2), k2 (p2, k2)*, rep to last 2 sts, p2 (k2, p2)
These 2 rows set the rib pattern.

So basically you are doing k2 p2 rib, but starting with k2 for the small and large, and starting with p2 for the medium.

Next up is the beginning of the pattern, which misses two rows out.
It should say:

Following stripe patt, CO 34(38, 42) in A and work 2 rows in rib
patt.

And finally, before the armholes, it should say:

Work 11 more rows (before the cast off rows).

So the second sleeve and the back are ok, but the first sleeve is wrong.

I am super super sorry about this - I didn't notice and then some other people made nice looking hugs so I didn't realise until someone emailed me.  I have emailed Kerrie (the editor) the corrections.

I hope it hasn't caused too many people too much hassle  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tere
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2005 10:30:53 AM »

Thanks so much Jen,
I just assumed I should work a row or two before starting the decreases on the sleeve, so no big deal. And to tell you the truth, I've run into bigger and badder mistakes (in patterns I've paid money for, at that)  Wink
Thanks again!
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tere
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2005 12:52:51 PM »

Almost done finished my shrug!  Grin I had some issues with the decreasing and increasing and not I have a 4x4 rib on one side.. what kind of decreases did you guys do? There wasn't anything specified so I just tried to do be consistent, but there is probably a way to do it-a formula-so that things look the same on both sides?
Tere
THIS ROCKS   Logged

woodlandsprite

I'm a Yarnaholic.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2005 01:21:42 PM »

I used K2tog myself (or P2tog to keep the rib pattern going if needed)
seemed to work out just fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://woodlandsprite.blogspot.com
or just for finished objects/goods:
http://spritelygoods.blogspot.com

Handblended batts, handspun yarn and handdyed goodness!
http://spritelygoods.com
Atouria

Craftster in progress...

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2005 01:31:49 PM »

Wow, Tere, you are a knitting queen!  I can't believe you are already nearly finished!  I want to make the shrug as well.  I need to order some yarn for it though.  I just ordered everything I needed for my hourglass sweater last night (I'm doing that first instead of the kyoto)

Can't wait to see your shrug!

xtreme-jen,
  Thanks so much for coming over here and mapping it all out for us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wizkid
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2005 11:26:30 PM »

This project has caused too much frustration.

I have decided to scrap it. My gauge must be off, even though I continue to measure. It is just soooooooooo long. It reaches over to my other arm, and I haven't even started the back part!

Good luck to everyone else, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
PrincessJazz
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2005 03:48:35 PM »

I cast this on last night and I'm about half-way done already.  I like that it's coming along so quickly.  I'm using cheap black acrylic from Wal-mart but it feels nice.  I'm using size 10 US needles because I'm too cheap to go out and buy 10.5s so I cast on enough stitches for the large size.  I figure I'd rather have it a bit big than too small.  I didn't bother to check my guage but it's looking about right so far, I'm sure it'll turn out fine.  I'll post pictures as soon as I finish.

xtreme-jen - thanks so much for posting the corrections here.... they've been mighty helpful.  I postponed starting this project for so long because the directions on magknits seemed kind of vague, but after reading your clarifications, I decided to go for it.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xtreme-jen
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2005 12:41:21 AM »

I thought you guys might find the sketch for Hug useful - it wasn't included on the original pattern......I hope this works - it's a large gif so if it looks squashed up and rubbish I'll delete the post and try again later!
I saw lots of people saying their Hug's look ridiculously long.....well that's nothing to worry about - it will be the length of 2 long sleeves (they are meant to come down over your hands) and the width between your shoulders as well!  Also bear in mind that when rib is squashed up it is longer than when it's flattened out, so the piece will look even longer that it really is.  As long as your tension is ok then you're fine   Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: No Boil Mac and Cheese
@Home This Weekend: Give The Dog A Bone
September 20, 2017 Featured Projects

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...