A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
313 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leg Warmers  (Read 1385 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« on: December 28, 2007 08:30:39 PM »

I had been lusting after some of the BabyLegs brand leg warmers that I had saw online, but didn't really want (or could afford) to spend $12 a pop on them.  Thankfully, MatteasMama figured out how to cut that price in 1/3 (for me at least...$4 is affordable) with her tutorial located at https://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=207882.0;all

I love Target's knee-high socks, even if I'm getting too old to wear them out in the open, lol.  I picked up a couple pairs for the soon-to-be newborn (and 1 for myself) to try this on.  Here's my result...

I was really surprised how well the added cuff looked, especially since I hand sewed them on (till I get the serger out again)

A closeup of said cuffs

I think I might make some for my just-about 3 year old too, to keep her legs warm at night.  I'm planning to make some in a gray and black stripe sock too. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
Nuno930
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007 08:52:17 PM »

love them! Babylegs (brand name or otherwise!) really do rock! Especially when you are lazy like me and cant be bothered with pants for diaper changes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007 09:03:05 PM »

I live in the high desert of So Cal, so, even though it gets really hot in the summer, it gets cool in the evening, and winters are usually between a low of the low teens and a high of the mid 50's.  We have a wall heater in the apartment, and it is either too hot with it on, or on the cool side, lol...can't win.  I actually like it cooler in the house, but...not so good with kids, so I try to use the heater more than I normally would. 
Babies and tights are NOT a good combination, lol, when trying to change them.  These just seem more practical to me, especially since I can get socks that are warmer than the tights to wear with these. 

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
artzy_fartzy68
"The best index to a person's character is (a) how he treats people who can't do him any good, and (b) how he treats people who can't fight back." Abigail van Buren

Macaroni & Cheese

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007 10:46:30 AM »

love them! Babylegs (brand name or otherwise!) really do rock! Especially when you are lazy like me and cant be bothered with pants for diaper changes

Grin
I agree!
These are great for night time for us! William's legs get cold if his nightgown rides up.
We don't use longies every night and these fill in the gaps!
Also good for crawling babies so they don't get those yucky knees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jacki, blog at http://mac-aroni-n-cheese.blogspot.com/ Check out what cool stuff I'm up to!
swtater123
Mama Sweettater

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007 10:42:08 PM »

I saw some of these online for $24 a pair just the other day.  I wanted them so much, but would never pay that!  I'm so glad I saw this!  Thank you for the inspiration. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorcha Griannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007 10:53:08 PM »

Lol, $24 is expensive!  Here's my willing victim...

She found a pair of my socks and insisted on wearing them.  All night.  And the next day.  She thought she was stylin'.

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
girlosun_9
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007 06:48:15 AM »

Those are adorable . . . I will have to try that for my munchkin as she has been insisting on wearing dresses (highs of about 20 and lows of below 0 here) and is so tired of mommy making her wear pants underneath. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...