A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
170 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: SweaterBabe Kimono Wrap sweater  (Read 6286 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
staysha
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007 12:18:20 PM »

okay, it turns out that my friend's birthday is in 8 days. i thought for sure it was in september. so i think i'm better get going!  Buying yarn now and starting tonight! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staysha
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007 12:39:05 PM »

Have you started? It's harder than I thought it would be...I'm only three rows in so far. I picked up a fingering weight yarn like the pattern calls for, but I think it would be better with something a little heavier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andi_sunrider
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007 06:16:44 PM »

I've done one row. I actually was on the third, before I realized I was doing the swatch.... Woops! So I had to rip a bunch out and restart, and I haven't gotten around to it yet. I gave up on the matrix stuff before I even finished the chain on the swatch, way too thin, even though happy hoooker says 3/Light is like, two steps up from the fingering, and I'm going with this bernat stardust stuff I bought at the thrift store, not sure what weight it says, it says size 7 / 4.5 mm needles. It seems to be working much better, although my tension is still kinda screwy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
staysha
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2007 01:09:42 PM »

Yeah, I'm not such a fan of the fingering yarn.  I'm usually a really tight crocheter.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007 01:11:51 PM by staysha » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007 06:15:59 AM »

Oh, that's looking beautiful so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
sewluv
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2007 03:38:58 PM »

I would love to make this but I dont want to pay for it.
Maybe I will try to make my own version of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andi_sunrider
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007 01:33:36 AM »

Staysha, that is looking lovely! You're much further along than me, I've totally been distracted by schoolwork, I'm only on the fourth or fifth row....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
I'm a sewer, and artist, and generally all-around creative person with more fabric in my stash than I know what to do with!
Singlemom
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007 08:03:46 AM »

That sweater is beautiful, and yours is coming out lovely. This one is definitely on my wish list. I'm watching to see how well this pattern works out. The stitch looks similar to the shawl in The Happy Hooker book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andi_sunrider
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007 08:24:42 PM »

The stitch looks similar to the shawl in The Happy Hooker book.

I didn't even notice, but now that you mention it and I take a look, it is almost exactly the same, the only difference is that it's just triple crochet, not doubletriple, and the kind of "support" rows in the shawl are all sets of three chains, while this one goes three-two-three chains....  neato!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LusciousPearl.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Salt Dough Ornament
Three's a Charm
Meatless Monday: Fruit Pizza

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...