A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
193 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chunky beret and even chunkier scarf *Now with chunky wrist warmers, page3*  (Read 5452 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , scarf , beret , wrist_warmer  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007 11:12:28 PM »

I love the hat! It's extremely cute. How did you do that ribbing, is it reverse stockinette with a knit thrown in or is it fancy? I really like how it pops.
That is indeed what it is, every second row they are the location of either a decrease or increase, that is why they pop out so much.  You were asking about the main portion of the hat and not the band right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
brandnew
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007 08:08:42 AM »

Very cute, you should totally make wrist warmers to match!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jessvict
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007 08:17:41 AM »

I love your scarf set, it doesn't look very wintery there though, i wish ours were like yours, i couldn't imagine wearing just a sweater, and hat and scarf set in 10 degree with snow/ ice up to my knees. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007 05:55:38 PM »

I love your scarf set, it doesn't look very wintery there though, i wish ours were like yours, i couldn't imagine wearing just a sweater, and hat and scarf set in 10 degree with snow/ ice up to my knees. Grin

I don't know if it's ever snowed in Brisbane!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2007 08:46:23 PM »

Once violinromance, just once, but apparently it didn't actually make it to the ground.  I remember the weather man talking about it on TV when I was little.  It was well before my time.

I realise our winter won't look worthwile to you jessvict and you may think I am wussy for having trouble with how cold it is here this week (it is unseasonably cold and I am not prepared for it), but you wouldn't believe just how weird your summer would be to me.  I got a copy of Interweave Knits this morning, the summer issue.  There is a beautifully cabled merino jumper (read sweater) on the cover.  If I were to step out in that in summer in my home town I'd probably end up with heat stroke, even if I'd knitted it in cotton Grin  (and of course, there are plenty of places that get hotter).  It is a very yummy knit BTW, I may just make one in a cotton to wear in autumn and winter.

Oh yeah, and I actually am a big wuss, but it does all come down to what you are acclimatised to as well.  I went to the snow fields in NZ once, it was beautiful, but I'd never be able to live in a place that snowed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
ViolinRomance

oh you're so naive

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007 09:57:16 PM »

Once violinromance, just once, but apparently it didn't actually make it to the ground.  I remember the weather man talking about it on TV when I was little.  It was well before my time.

I realise our winter won't look worthwile to you jessvict and you may think I am wussy for having trouble with how cold it is here this week (it is unseasonably cold and I am not prepared for it), but you wouldn't believe just how weird your summer would be to me.  I got a copy of Interweave Knits this morning, the summer issue.  There is a beautifully cabled merino jumper (read sweater) on the cover.  If I were to step out in that in summer in my home town I'd probably end up with heat stroke, even if I'd knitted it in cotton Grin  (and of course, there are plenty of places that get hotter).  It is a very yummy knit BTW, I may just make one in a cotton to wear in autumn and winter.

Oh yeah, and I actually am a big wuss, but it does all come down to what you are acclimatised to as well.  I went to the snow fields in NZ once, it was beautiful, but I'd never be able to live in a place that snowed. 

It is rather unseasonably cold here in Aus isn't it?

All this talk of lovely cabled merino jumpers really makes me think I should stop procrastinating and learn to knit! I'm sure I'll master it by summer  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007 11:22:21 PM »

It is rather unseasonably cold here in Aus isn't it?

All this talk of lovely cabled merino jumpers really makes me think I should stop procrastinating and learn to knit! I'm sure I'll master it by summer  Roll Eyes
  Yeah, it doesn't normally get this cold for another month or so up here in QLD.  But I have no business complaining considering what folks in NSW have been thru lately.  And yes you should learn to knit.  I have only been knitting about 18 months or so myself.  You only need to learn cast-on, cast-off and the knit stitch to make an awesome scarf.  If you don't have someone to show you, there is plenty of advice and videos on the net, and the folks at your local S'n'B will be happy to help you out I'll bet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007 06:49:47 PM »

Thank you for answering my question! I did mean the main part of the hat. Do you think you'd ever write out the pattern?
I really love the look of your hat, and it would be perfect for the Texas winters, which are probably about the same as Australia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007 09:43:59 PM »

Thank you for answering my question! I did mean the main part of the hat. Do you think you'd ever write out the pattern?
I really love the look of your hat, and it would be perfect for the Texas winters, which are probably about the same as Australia.
  I could give a go at writing it up, but it really is super basic anyway.  As, for Texas winters... I imagine one would have to travel west from here a bit to find an equivalent, where there is more desert.  On the coast it is more sub-tropical.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

rachikus
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007 10:04:50 PM »

that idea, i must say, is neato.
i like the scarf, it's pretty snazzy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stalk me
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick Wall Art
Tute Tuesday: Heirloom Cowgirl Pillow
Long and Low

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...