A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip:  You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 315,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
150 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 5-ingredient strawberry cheesecake pie  (Read 2795 times)
Tags for this thread: pie , recipe , strawberry , cheesecake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
spaghetti
« on: June 16, 2007 08:38:26 PM »

Strawberry Cheesecake Pie (I got the cheesecake recipe from a woman in my SnB -- I also saw it at the Kraft website. The strawberries are all me.)

1 8-oz package cream cheese (low fat or fat free is fine)
1/3 cup of sugar
1 8-oz container of cool whip (low fat or fat free is fine), thawed (I microwaved it for 15 seconds)
1 premade graham cracker crust
1 lb strawberries, sliced very thinly (about 1/8" thick)

Let the cream cheese soften (mine sat on the counter for about 30 minutes in summer weather), and place in bowl with sugar. Using a hand mixer, beat for 3 -4 minutes, making sure that the cream cheese is whipped (you do not want "chunks" of cream cheese). (I left my hand mixer at home when I moved -- I did it in a food processor and it took about 30 seconds to mix.)

Add the container of cool whip and mix for a few minutes until everything is fluffy. (Again, about 30 seconds in the food processor.)

Spread a small amount of the cream cheese mixture onto the pie crust. Add one layer of sliced strawberries. Alternate cream cheese and strawberries, ending with cream cheese. Decorate the top with strawberries and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours. (This is really good, but it tends to ooze a little once it's cut -- and it also doesn't cut cleanly. So have a spoon nearby...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vegetarian yarnivore
A Capitol Idea
<3<3<3

hey unloving, I will love you<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007 08:43:24 PM »

That looks amazingly good. I can't wait to try and make it. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come join my disposable camera swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185390.0
6/100 ATC Themes
Personal Swap Crazy! PM me!
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007 11:30:02 PM »

Oh, that looks absolutely delish! And I love strawberries! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
wallabee wallabee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007 08:46:20 PM »

Ah YUM, I'm so going to make that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Horn broken, watch for finger. Also insured by the mafia : you hit me, they hit you.
Kaissa
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007 09:14:13 PM »

This is so good! My best friend gets requests to bring this to potlucks at work all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
malinda
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007 07:08:17 AM »

I'll bet it's delicious! I use the same recipe---only 8 oz of sour cream and a bit of vanilla extract go into mine as well (I've been meaning to try different extracts or incorporating chocolate somehow but everyone loves the original so much nobody wants to let me experiment!) I think my family got the recipe on a Keebler crust I mean, err, it's a secret family recipe  Wink Err, not so secret now...ahem...rambling, rambling...

Layering the strawberries right in is a great idea! I love being sneaky with fruit, and nobody will know until it's too deliciously late, mwahahaha...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nykole6412

i wish i was on southpark

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007 12:46:00 AM »

i make a pie similiar to this but on top of the strawberries i put strawberry glaze.........i also made one with peaches with peach glaze on top!  my cousins have officially named me the dessert bringer to all family functions cuz they say i bring a totally differrent one theyve never had each time! I LOVE CRAFTSTERR!!!! lol  one time i made the oreo truffles and i had to make 2 more batches the next day!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkdaughter

Y tu mama tambien.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007 03:40:46 PM »

Man-oh-man, I love that recipe! My great grandma used to always make this one. It's so fluffy & yummy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears. -Edgar Allen Poe

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. -Nietzsche

I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. -Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pickled Beet, Arugula and Goat Cheese Salad
@Home This Weekend: Sweater Snake
Tute Tuesday: Take Anywhere Picnic Playset

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...