A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 314,559
Currently Running With Scissors:
264 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pattern help!! How do I transfer it???  (Read 903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 10, 2007 10:44:48 PM »

So I have been working on learning how to do embroidery (it think  Roll Eyes ). Here is the first successful think I have made for my sister.

there is a back story of course! we were in this old hotel and she saw these fleur de lies and said she liked them but didnt know what they were, and when I told her she thought I said a Florida Leaf!! any who I made this for her for her new apartment.

so now on to my actual question. lol! I have made a new pattern I want to put on some pillow cases, the thing is they are tan, how do I get them on there? With the last ones I put the pattern that I drew under the material and traced it on with a dissipearing ink pen. how do i do this???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruwena
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007 10:49:02 PM »

they make transfer paper where you can use this pen or pencil to draw your design on this special paper then iron it on to the fabric. I think they might have it at walmart in the embroidery section..I also have a vauge memory of crayons on wax paper ironed on...but that could be my pain meds talking to me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007 09:12:07 AM »

that looks great zombie!  I use a sulky transfer pen, you can also use solvey water soluble stabilizer and draw on that with any pen and then just wash it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiekilla

I don't mean to impose, but I am the Ocean.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007 11:20:28 AM »

I have the transfer pen and thats what I did on that one, but Im not confident enough with my own drawing skills to free hand it!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mydogsjack

He's sweet really - it was Halloween

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007 01:21:19 PM »

You can use the sulky iron on transfer pen on paper (like just regular copier/printer paper) then iron it onto your fabric - you don't have to draw directly onto the fabric (which I think is what you're saying you did for your florida leaf, right?).

I size images on my computer (but you don't have to use a computer), print them out and then use a window or light table to transfer the design onto a blank sheet of paper with the sulky pen.

Just remember if you're doing lettering to reverse it so that when you iron it on it reads right!

I hope this makes sense & helps you out...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sew Its For You
Everyone should be a little more kind, even me.

formally known as joolz

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007 06:52:41 AM »

I have the transfer pen and thats what I did on that one, but Im not confident enough with my own drawing skills to free hand it!  Sad

Oh I copy all the stuff I do...My hubby will draw it or like mydogsjack said I trace from the computer.  I have done like 2 or 3 free hands but almost always trace it especially the letters and words cause I have terrible handwriting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake
Happy Hobbit Day!
@Home This Weekend: Garden Painting

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...