A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 314,561
Currently Running With Scissors:
273 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Heart Scarf Questions  (Read 941 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

Black Lamb
« on: November 18, 2004 11:15:46 AM »

I'm going to attempt the heart scarf in a special knitty edition but i've never done anything lacy before and i've run into some problems with the pattern.

I understand everything in the pattern i'm just having issues grasping how to do yo, sl1 and psso i know these are probably really easy and i'll hit myself later but can anyone explain how i should attempt these stitches or point me to an online tutorial?

one last thing I can't find the reynolds blizzard yarn that the pattern calls for but i do have three skeins of patons up country ( http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=upcountry ) in my stash could I substitute that for the listed yarn?

Thanks for your time
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
Loeb
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004 11:41:50 AM »

it's easier than it sounds!  basically, what you're doing is binding off one stitch.

when you get to the part in the pattern for the sl1, if it's a knit side, insert your
right needle into the loop as if you were going to knit, but instead of picking up
the yarn, just moving it to the right needle. 

you didn't say in your post, but usually if it's the knit side, you'll knit the next stitch
normally.

now you have one slipped stitch and one knit stitch on your right needle.

after that, just take your left needle, insert it back into the stitch you slipped over,
and loop it over the stitch you've knit.  this is your psso.

there you go!

i didn't have time to do all of the conversions for the yarn, but it looks like the
patons might be a little lighter than the reynolds.  you can knit up a gauge swatch
and see if it matches the pattern - if it does, you're good to go.

i did find the reynolds blizzard on-line at patternworks.com, too, if the paton doesn't work out.

good luck!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Black Lamb
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004 03:10:47 PM »

thank you so much for your help, i've done about 20 rows and it's looking really nice
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Why don't sheep shrink when it rains?
patriautism
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005 10:58:13 PM »

Does anyone have a link to the pattern? I searched through knitty's archives and I can't find it. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mk_carroll
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005 12:07:07 AM »

Does anyone have a link to the pattern? I searched through knitty's archives and I can't find it. Thanks!

It's in the Breast Cancer Awareness mini-issue, which you can download by clicking on the link in the archive page. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patriautism
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005 10:26:37 PM »

Thank you! I got sidetracked and used the intended yarn for this weird scarf---it kinda looks like I have a red fishnet stocking around my neck, but I think it came out kinda sexy. I'll have to buy some more, as the rest of it has to be made into a bootie (got sidetracked from that project by my birthday yarn!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaybee
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2005 12:46:05 AM »

i was thinking of starting this too---it looks so pretty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Easy No-Sew Halloween Bunting
Witch, Please!
Meatless Monday: Buttercup Cream Cake

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...