A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Craftster Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 323,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
228 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: printshop rant, request for help!  (Read 1868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
bigeyes
« on: June 07, 2007 01:50:23 AM »

I hate printshop! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Many years ago Broderbund/the learning company was a fabulous place, but now they offer limited support for software, and instead keep pushing us to upgrade.  Their programs crash and malfunction in various ways, and there is nothing I can do but pony up serious cash for a 'real' graphics editing/desktop publishing program.   ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!   I don't think I'm advanced enough to even learn photoshop, and all I really want to do is print some fabric transfers and tiny images for magnets.

sigh

so, what programs can I use to print transfers?  anything for $30 or less?  I can't see spending $600 to $1500 for the really high tech/professional stuff.

8(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you can't lie no better than that......you might as well tell the truth.
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007 08:48:10 AM »

i don;t know any editing software until 30, but paintship pro is a great program! Ive been using it for years without any major issues. it will cost you somewhere around 100-150 bucks. Im not sure of the actual price since ive beens using the same edition for 4 years and im sure they have upgraded since then
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
bombgirl

i subscribe to the george lass work ethic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007 08:58:05 AM »

Gimp
it's the free version of photoshop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FLICKR!! http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupcakesrevenge/<br /><br />inspiration and desires... www.wists.com/bombgirl<br /><br />craft blog! (if you\'re my swap partner, NO PEEKING!) <br />http://yourfaceiswhereblogsgotodie.blogspot.com/
bigeyes
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007 09:33:28 AM »

thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bigeyes
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007 09:59:03 AM »

I have downloaded 2 different versions of gimp and it won't open.

8(
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cherry_Chickentoes
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007 04:39:30 AM »

I know this is an older thread, but I just ran across it.

I have Printshop and Photoshop Elements.  I work back and forth between the two (I find Printshop is easier to use in some cases).  Elements is really not that expensive for what you get with it.

I did take several online classes for Elements, and they were immensely helpful.  Eclectic Academy (www.eclecticacademy.com) offers useful, INEXPENSIVE, courses on a variety of subjects, and I thought the Elements classes were great.

I think Photoshop Elements costs around $100 new, but you might be able to find an older version on ebay or somewhere that might fit your needs just fine for less money.

What exactly was your Printshop program doing to you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I will trade my ephemera scans for your ephemera scans - please PM me if you are interested!
bigeyes
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007 10:15:38 AM »

I'm just clueless how to use it.  Every time I try to change colors it reverts back to the colors that are already in the original picture.

It's frustrating to go read tutorials and not have anything work because they all start with the assumption that you have basic working knowledge.  I'm starting from the beginning, and I don't have basic working knowledge.  I don't know how to use the toolbox and everything I try is wrong.  Cry

Is there a tutorial anywhere that starts at the beginning?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Caramel Candied Apple Salt Scrub
DIY Halloween Costumes
Meal Prep Monday: Fish Tacos with Green Sauce

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...