A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,838
Currently Running With Scissors:
236 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Heat/ink embossing question  (Read 923 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
lovelyislacey
« on: June 06, 2007 08:54:44 AM »

I have never done heat embossing before. I really liked the look of it so I have decided that I want to use it for my place cards at my wedding. I am having an issue which is why I have come here to you guys Smiley

My problem is the paper I want to use the embossing powder is dark/hot pink and the other is orange. My thoughts were I could use orange embossing powder on the pink paper and then pink powder on the orange paper. I took my pink paper to the craft store with me the otherday and asked that they use the orange embossing powder on it so that i could see what it looked like (i am waiting for my heat gun to come in the mail so I could not test it out myself) Anyway the orange does not really show up on the dark pink paper I wanted it to be a really nice bright orange so that i could have a good contrast. Ok so my question is if I use white ink on the pink paper will the orange powder show up better? I used clear ink for the testing of the orange. well what are your thoughts? sorry for the long post Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007 08:57:06 AM »

If no one answers, I can test this out at home. I have white pigment ink and a heat gun.   I would think that the white ink would help, but I'm not sure how much.  Pink and orange are pretty close in color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
lovelyislacey
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007 09:04:53 AM »

If no one answers, I can test this out at home. I have white pigment ink and a heat gun.   I would think that the white ink would help, but I'm not sure how much.  Pink and orange are pretty close in color.

Thanks. I really had my heart set on doing it this way. But if the white does not help them im going to have to chage my colors Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink Polka Dots
Crafty Soccer Mom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007 03:29:48 PM »

In my experience white has not helped as much and for some reason does not emboss as well, but then it could be the brand I use.  Maybe try mixing some copper or white or colored pearlex in with your embossing powder or colored glitter made for stamping or embossing Tinsel, also see if they have a metalic orange somewhere, Metallics tend to show up better.  I've never seen Metalic orange, but then I have never looked for it.  I made some shower invitations where the red did not jump off the page and I mixed the glitter and silver embossing powder with the red and that worked well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyislacey
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007 03:33:10 PM »

Thanks Pink Polka Dots Ill have to go tomorrow and see if i can find a metalic orange if not I may try mixing like you said.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...