A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
274 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Further to the thread about kitties... (IMG HEAVY)  (Read 9638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
angeltreats
« on: May 29, 2007 09:31:48 AM »

I didn't want to post this in the other thread because there are a few images and didn't want to clog up the thread with them.

This is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME I try and sew something.

Elvis likes to snuggle up to anything that's quite warm and vibrates a bit - sewing machines are ideal.

Pokey loves fabric.  And scissors.  And especially dressmaking patterns but I haven't got any photos of her trying to help with pattern cutting.

No wonder it takes me so long to get anything done.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019 02:20:36 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007 10:00:46 AM »

Awww, they're so cute! My boyfriend thought your darker kitty was a bear when i showed him the picture, laugh. Smallest bear I've ever seen. :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

baby-bumblebee
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007 10:12:07 AM »

I also have a kitty that likes to help cut out patterns. She is a weird one. She also will run a mile if she hears someone taking the sticky price tags off of something. I swear it is worse than cat nip, its like cat crack. She likes to try to eat the price tags.  Huh

She also likes to eat the plastic/paper stuff that you take off a maxi pad ( I have to lock her out of my bathroom when I have my monthly visiter)  the stuff that hides the sticky side that sticks to your panties. I swear she is nuts.

I also cannot sew. She hates the sewing machine and will run and hide when it is on but loves to run and play on fabric and paper patterns.

Amy

I think your kitties are sooooooo cute. LOVE them. Pokey looks like she is a bit of a sassy queen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
peps

Knits with Cat.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007 11:07:23 AM »

Your kitties are so cute!  And they seem pretty daring too.  My cat is the same way - she always has to be up in my face when I craft.  I'm afraid she will get injured some day - she always tries to eat the straight pins out of my pin cushion.  I have to watch her like a hawk to make sure she doesn't get one and tear up her insides.  She doesn't hang around the sewing machine, but she always has to check out my hot glue gun, which also makes me nervous....  of course she also chases my yarn when I knit which is sort of obnoxious, but cute - and at least it's safe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy
my knitting blog
my ravelry
Any B or C liners in the Boston area up for a knitting circle?  PM me.
angeltreats
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007 12:10:47 PM »

Aw they're so cute! 

I only have two cats actually.  I couldn't cope with three... although I do occasionally get broody for a new kitten!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007 03:55:55 PM »

Hahaha, that's so cute!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007 05:38:34 PM »

Im a candle crafter. I do a ton of wax and crayon melting type things. Well, I also have two cats. \Well bandit (my baby kitty) likes to wacth the candles. Bosco on the other hand decided to sniff a lit one. Well all you hear is "PSSSSSSSSTTT" as his fur caught fire. Well, I start yelling and put him out. Next day, Lit candle is sitting on my table by me and "Psssssssssssstt" again as he did it again. Well, he still does this (everytime). Needless to say hes a bit furless~!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
baby-bumblebee
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007 09:23:56 AM »

Dang. You would have thought he would have learned his lesson the first time.

He reminds me of my cousins kitty. Who think she is a firefighting cat. My cousin cannot light candles in the house. Her silly kitty will start to meow at her and then jump up to where the candle is and bat at it until the flame is gone. it is the funniest thing to watch.

Amy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my very first blog!

http://sassy-pixie.blogspot.com/
TessTessi

Lily is my best friend

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007 10:00:23 AM »

My cats like to sever the thread on my serger...which is uber frustrating when I am zipping along and then there is no thread!

Cats+crafts=love.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Holy flipping cow. I changed my profile picture after 4 years on here.

Love Alpacas?  Go visit: Alpaca Love Club
Come visit my website!  www.madebytess.com
cantafruit
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007 10:06:51 AM »

My stinky furball sweet kitten also loves to hang out next to the sewing machine. She lays as close as she can to the sewing basket, tries to get spools of thread out and then drop them on the floor... gives me the "uh-oh, it feel down!"-look and jumps down to hunt them Grin She also HAS TO sit on fabric while I am cutting it... and on yarn while I am knitting - which was a big problem because I have a swap partner allergic to cats. I had to put all the yarn in plastic bags which freaked her out.

PS. I also have a home office. Every time I print something out she races me to the printer, snags the paper that comes out and chews it to pieces Huh

Scruffy the troublemaker:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010 02:50:45 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*personal swap, anyone? I sew, knit and crochet*

wist: http://www.wists.com/cantafruit
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...