A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
143 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: little ballet skirt!!  (Read 7970 times)
Tags for this thread: ballet , skirt  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
balletfreak
« on: May 24, 2007 04:33:31 PM »

this is a skirt i made for ballet, so its actually meant to be worn with a leotard and tights but i had already done ballet today and i didnt want to put my clothes back on.
i designed this myself because its really fun to wear warmups in ballet and useful too, and this is one thats light and swingy and not too hot to dance in...so it can be worn in warm summer weather!!
ive seen some skirts like this in ballet catalogues, so thats where i got the idea, but ive never seen a pattern for something like this so i made it up.
it has a ribbed fold-down top with i-cord drawstring drawn through holes in the front and back. it then flares out a bit and is bound off little by little at the bottom so it gives a nice line to the legs and is shortest in front, tapering down to the back.
and yes, it is meant to be short so its cool and you can move and see your legs (important for dance) in it.
here it is lain out before blocking to make the stockinette lie flat, which i did later...

icord drawstring tie closeup...

and various action shots (including some ballet-esque Smiley)

hope you enjoy!!! let me know what you think..input appreciated. yes it is my first time designing Smiley
and if anyone ever wants im happy to share the pattern Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019 01:39:08 PM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i have no time to relax. i have only a lifetime--a lifetime with which to force the most exquisite use of the body."-Mr. B.

http://karlannalewis.com
thisonegoesupto11
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007 04:38:07 PM »

that's so cute!  what yarn did you use?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

balletfreak
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007 04:41:08 PM »

thanks!!
i used brown sheep co. lamb's pride sport weight yarn and the color was 'prim pink' i believe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"i have no time to relax. i have only a lifetime--a lifetime with which to force the most exquisite use of the body."-Mr. B.

fabricfightsfire
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007 04:42:42 PM »

i love this! Great job for making the pattern yourself, and perfec tfor a warmup. I would totally love the pattern (im more of a crocheter, but i can knit too!), although i might make it a little longer (i take modern, not ballet) but overall i think its adorable
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007 04:43:45 PM »

Cute!!  If I could knit (and if this werent my last year of dance!) I would definitely ask for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 2010 <3
I love my son!
<3 Ethan Orion - December 2015 <3
balletfreak
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007 04:53:01 PM »

thanks so much guys!!!
hey, right now the pattern is only for one size....aka the size i made myself....should i just post it like that (its pretty easy to adapt to your own size...customizable) or should i figure out other sizes before posting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lothruin

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007 04:59:52 PM »

If you want to post a pattern, put as much effort into it as you feel.  Cheesy  Most people here will take whatever they can get.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sometimes I post at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin! Actually, really, find me almost everywhere as Lothruin!
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007 05:25:50 PM »

That's cute.

I hope you plan to post a pattern because my friend is also a ballerina. BTW, how old are you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Lizzle
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007 09:12:22 PM »

I would love to get a pattern as well.  I'd imagine that if you put the gauge that you're knitting and also your measurements, it would be pretty simple for everyone to adapt it to the measurements they need.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
balletfreak
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007 09:16:21 PM »

alright, ill try to get it all worked out.
and btw, WIPS, im 15.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...