A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 314,793
Currently Running With Scissors:
296 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Accidentally on Purpose" from SnB Nation  (Read 54826 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

zombiemuffin
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2006 01:23:32 PM »

All right, trying to shape the neck is killing me...

Let me start by saying that I'm pretty sure I'm doing the DBO2 the right way!

Somehow on that first row of shaping, the number of stitches I have to knit keeps getting all screwy.  I'm makig a small, so after I do all my DBO2s and BOs, I'm supposed to K26.  I keep ending up having to K28 or 27, and at one point I had 24.  I've counted and recounted to make sure that I placed 26 sts on the holder at the beginning, and that I only have 60 altogether, and I've read the directions out loud while I'm doing it...I have no idea where I'm going wrong!

On certain lines of the pattern, a DBO2 comes at the beginning of a row after I've purled back.  I drop the stitch, but the pretty much just...drops the stitch (duh) and I can't knit into it since my yarn isn't hanging in the right position.

I'm thinking of avoiding shaping the neck altogether and just opting for a straight, boatneck kinda thing.  Not sure how that would look, though...opinions?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006 01:49:51 PM by zombiemuffin » THIS ROCKS   Logged
msjzbl
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2006 01:21:39 PM »

I feel a little late in the game, but, I'm working on my own version of the vest. I did start it back in February but it took a backseat to some serious crocheting and now I'm doing over-time on a baby shower gift ("Baby's First Tatoo" from SnB Nation").  All your previous posts will make it that much easier to finish this vest. I'm second guessing my choice of size but as a fuller-figured gal I've burned before by making things that end up too small and make lovely gifts...

Anyone still working on this vest?

Msjzbl
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 30, 2006 06:40:19 AM »

Okay, so my my idea to use Rowan DK Handknit.........a very bad idea.  It is too bulky and non-strechy to look good. 

bonnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: June 05, 2006 10:28:15 PM »

Has anyone tried adding sleeves to this? I like it, but I can't see myself wearing it as a vest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
thelotusblue
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2006 08:35:25 PM »

I recently completed mine, but unfortunately, it only fits in my bust.  The shoulders are too wide, it's several inches too long, and much too bulky around my stomach (even when I'm wearing a shirt under it).  I tried to shrink it in the washer and dryer, but it didn't work.  I'm thinking about frogging the whole thing and starting over on the next smallest size.  Ugh.  I spent 3 months on the first one.  Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Baigneuse
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2006 03:52:57 PM »

Has anyone tried adding sleeves to this? I like it, but I can't see myself wearing it as a vest.
I've tried the to add sleeves to my top. I miscalculated my stitches though because the sleeve ended up being too tight. I didn't find that out until after the stitches were dropped. I eventually plan to frog the sleeve and try again . Here is what it looked like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aunt carrot

pom-poms make the heart grow fonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2006 04:38:24 PM »

Thanks Baigneuse, I guess I'll have to measure my gauge after dropping the sttiches...? It actually looks pretty cool as an armwarmer though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I didn't and don't want to be a 'feminine' version or a diluted version or a special version or a subsidiary version or an ancillary version or an adapted version of the heroes I admire. I want to be the heroes themselves." --Joanna Russ.
thelotusblue
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2006 07:52:44 PM »

Oo, yeah, that sleeve looks awesome.  I love the dual pinks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thelotusblue
« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2006 09:40:03 PM »

Okay, I modified my Accidentally On Purpose.  It's still not perfect, but it's good enough, now.  Here're the results:

Original shirt, modified shirt:

Original neckline, modified neckline:

I shortened the shirt quite a bit (it was even longer in the back, originally).  I also changed the neckline, because with the bind-offs instead of decreases, it looked too choppy.  So I did slanting decreases on both sides of the neckline instead, and made the shoulder pieces a little wider so they'd be a little sturdier.  The large size fits my bust, but not my shoulders, which resulted in the first shoulders being waaaay too wide.  They're still too wide now, but a did a few decreases on the outside, too.  Not perfect, but it looks like it fits a little bit better than my first go around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jules
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2006 03:11:17 PM »

Wow--what a difference!  I wish I had those "modifying" skills--if I'm not happy w/ a piece, my response is usually "Oh well, better luck next time".  You've inspired me not to settle until I love it!

Cheers,
Jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Semlor aka Swedish Cream Buns
@Home This Weekend: Boho Wall Hanging
Tute Tuesday: Fabric Snail

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...