A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Total Members: 315,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
209 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: amigurumi books... ?  (Read 1525 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

bbeaded
« on: May 18, 2007 01:38:31 AM »

i am going shopping and i am hoping to buy some amigurumi books but wanted to know if anyone knew of any good ones.

i am really new and dont know a lot and i would love you be able to produce what i see on here!!

can anyone point me i the right direction?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Latest blog - www.oddsnblobs.blogspot.com

MY NEW ETSY STORE!! - www.oddsnblobs.etsy.com
_Suicidal_Angel_
people love me do you?

I am eternally a slytherin....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007 01:56:37 AM »

i don't know of any books exactly but if you go to borders then there is a TON of books on crafting and i am sure that they will have one that willl help you ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cold.dinner
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007 02:24:58 AM »

i would go to kinokuniya bookstore here.. depends on which country you're in.. but then again, arigumi books i saw are all in japanese..  Undecided and well, they are imported so they cost a bomb pretty much..  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bbeaded
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007 05:35:39 AM »

im in australia,
there are couple of books at amazon.com....

have you ever seen any of these?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1579909787/ref=pd_luc_0210116005901791579909787/103-5967193-7210243
http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Funkys-Super-Crochet-Wonderful/dp/1581809662/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b/103-5967193-7210243?ie=UTF8&qid=1179479272&sr=8-44
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007 04:04:12 AM »

Where abouts in Australia?

After the Japan Book Plaza here in Melbourne closed down I think the only place you can get Japanese craft book sis Kinokuniya in Sydney.  I think they do have a pretty good supply of craft books - including amigurumi - but if you take in an ISBN they can order them in from Japan for you.  You can also order through their website but I can't cos I don't have a credit card Sad

Oh I just checked those links - I didn't realise there were English crochet books for amigurumi now!  I can stil only read the Japanese patterns cos that's how I learnt.

And there's quite a few good patterns offered free online, a lot linked to on Craftster if you have a little search around Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
bbeaded
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007 05:21:55 AM »

hey there! im in adelaide Sad and there is nothing here which is annoying. i have also just had a massive sad, as i have just spend about $70 on 2 books from amazon and paid express postage from overseas and just read that one doesnt come out until July and the other untiSetember!!! i dont think i can wait that long!! i was so excited that i just went through and paid to only now find out.

oh well seves me right for getting so excited Sad

do you have the web address for the book store you are taking about? i hvae never heard about it!! it is just so hard to learn this stuff without books Sad i am awful at learning news things and cant find a really good website to get me started.... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

djonesgirl
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007 06:18:50 AM »

www.yesasia.com is the best place to get your amigurumi books.  They are reasonably priced, and right now, they are running a promotion where you get these cute little toys with certain purchases.  you should check it out! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007 06:21:54 PM »

do you have the web address for the book store you are taking about? i hvae never heard about it!! it is just so hard to learn this stuff without books Sad i am awful at learning news things and cant find a really good website to get me started.... Sad
Oh yes, sorry, I completely neglected to post it, here it is: Kinokuniya Sydney.  And to search the Japanese books here.  If it appears with a grey book icon next to it, I tihnk that means it's in stock at the Sydney store.  And I think the other book icons mean they can order them.  Not all the books have pictures with them so pay attention to the ISBNs, that's the best way to go Wink  And if you need any help with finding a book because of the Japanese title, let me know and I might be able to help you out.

And also, I have never ordered anything from Yes Asias, as, like I mentioned, I am sans credit card, but I have noticed that their Australian prices are actually a good few dollars cheaper than the prices for the same books at the Sydney Kinokuniya store, and, I think, if you order over $100 worth from Yes Asia I think you get free international shipping.  I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to spend $100 there, and then it might work out cheaper than ordering them from Sydney.  But like I said, I haven't done this so best to check it out, but it sounds good! Smiley

Well, I hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
cold.dinner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007 08:24:43 AM »

Well, I am in Singapore right now, I have two homes, one in Singapore and the other in Italy. Theres a huge kinokuniya here. If you guys need any titles that are available in Singapore, I could help you guys get it.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Toiletry Bag
Weekend Bunnies
Meatless Monday: Portobello Mushroom Lasagna

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...