A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 318,837
Currently Running With Scissors:
221 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my chocolate cheesecake experiment (beware the parenthetical asides!)  (Read 1513 times)
Tags for this thread: chocolate , cheesecake  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Person, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2007 05:42:31 PM »

I felt like baking something.  Something chocolatey.  So I decided to experiment...

Currently the recipe (inspired by one I found...somewhere) reads:

- 4.5 ounces of (milk, or whatever your personal preference) chocolate
(I used a Cadbury's Dairy Milk bar...next time I may add in an extra half bar, it's a bit pale)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages of Neufchtel cheese, softened
(cream cheese is a flavorless, more fattening rip-off of Neufchtel...go with the original!)
- a wee bit under 1/4 cup of white sugar
(going for a semi-sweet dessert here, but you can definitely add more sugar if you want)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
(or 1/2 if you're not a vanilla fan like me)
- 2 eggs
- 1 prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
(yep, store-bought, 'cause it was easier that way)

Melt the chocolate - I broke my candybar into squares and popped it into the microwave for about thirty seconds, it doesn't take long.  Set it aside to cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Get a big bowl, toss in the softened cheese, sugar, and vanilla, and then mix the crap out of it till it's nice and smooth.
Work the eggs into the cheese mixture, one at a time. This will look pretty gross for a while...runny yellow egg bits with chunks of squishy sugary cheese floating around in it...keep mixing, it'll get better.
Blend in the melted chocolate.
Pour the chocolatey goodness into the crust and pop it in the oven.
Bake it until the center barely jiggles when you move the pan...mine took about 40-45 minutes.
Set it somewhere to cool, and then refrigerate for a few hours before diving face first (if you live with chocoholics, the refrigeration is best done while everyone is asleep...people can't beg for a taste or sneak a piece if they're unconscious).

As for the sauce on the top...eh, I made that the same way I make any and all chocolate sauces: toss some confectioner's sugar into a bowl, dump on some cocoa powder, splash in enough milk to make it into a runny paste, then microwave it till it starts to bubble. Stir in a bit of butter, heat it till it's bubbly again (that may or may not be necessary, I know nothing of the science behind food, I just make it up as I go along), add a bit of vanilla extract, give it another good stir. and then I have gooey chocolate sauce. Let it cool for awhile and then pour it on top of your cheesecake.
(This is the internet, Google is your friend...if you desire the exact measurements to make chocolate sauce, look up some actual recipes.)

-copied (mostly) from a blog entry-
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007 06:01:33 PM by aliastriona_angerboda » THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007 05:43:55 PM »

Oh god...heavenly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...