A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest
News from Internet Brands:
Closing the Craftster Community on December 19, 2019.
Read the details here.
Total Members: 323,619
Currently Running With Scissors:
135 Guests and 0 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials Crafting Calendar City Guides

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 65
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eco-craftalong  (Read 120659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit  
marcusandila
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2007 09:11:56 PM »

I know that the month about the cloth pads is over, but I really am curious about them. How exactly would you deal with them in public. I would like to transition into using them, but I work approximately 10 hours a day & I dont think the idea of blood hanging out in my purse that long is practical. How do you all deal with public cloth pad usage??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RecycleCindy

My Signature Recycled Bag

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 16, 2007 10:54:24 AM »

Here is a picture of my September projects for this eco-craftalong. I made hats and a ski mask with a sorta like dickie for around your neck. You can tuck it in under your coat to keep warm this winter. I'm working on some scarves too but they are not done yet.

How's everyone else doing? I'd love to see your projects!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RecycleCindy
http://www.myrecycledbags.com
My Website dedicated to recycling & crafting
Free patterns & ideas for recycled crafts!
lady4feet

^Sushi. My problem child.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #322 on: September 16, 2007 01:45:59 PM »

I know that the month about the cloth pads is over, but I really am curious about them. How exactly would you deal with them in public. I would like to transition into using them, but I work approximately 10 hours a day & I dont think the idea of blood hanging out in my purse that long is practical. How do you all deal with public cloth pad usage??

Most people have little lined pouches/bags you can put the dirty ones in there until you have a chance to wash them out when you get home. Personally I use a diva cup and cloth pads for lighter days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2007 06:46:32 PM »

I know this isn't part of this month's theme, (but I have been wanting to start a heavy wall hanging for our bedroom wall- which has a hole in it).

But I found a huge ziplock bag of old keys, so I just had to make something so...

I made myself an all recycled wind chime that sounds uber pretty. The base is made out of an old plastic ruler, various keys and old bobbins for the noise makers, and tied with left over ribbon from gift wrapping.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Craft Blog- one 30 day project each month

http://stitchittotheman.wordpress.com/
marcusandila
« Reply #324 on: September 17, 2007 06:11:28 PM »

Most people have little lined pouches/bags you can put the dirty ones in there until you have a chance to wash them out when you get home. Personally I use a diva cup and cloth pads for lighter days.

Thanks for answering my question. Smiley Geez...trying to convert over is going to be complicated. lol Seriously. I thought about the Diva cup option, I don't know. I will figure something out I suppose.  

Does anyone know what is this month's theme is?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RougeRaven
« Reply #325 on: September 18, 2007 06:22:13 AM »

Thanks for answering my question. Smiley Geez...trying to convert over is going to be complicated. lol Seriously. I thought about the Diva cup option, I don't know. I will figure something out I suppose.  

Does anyone know what is this month's theme is?

I thought it was crafting things to be more energy efficient?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubytue
who could hang a name on me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #326 on: September 19, 2007 05:51:01 AM »

oooo...  energy efficient crafting?  I can get behind that!  I'm kind of new here (joined awhile ago, but then moved and just resurected my craft room after a year in storage).  But we have been working on renovating our new house, and energy efficiency is a major goal of mine!  Mr Ruby, however, is an electrician who loves lots of lighting and hates CFLs.  For lighting, our compromise is dimmers everywhere. 

But, enough about that.  Our goal for this weekend (even before seeing this craftalong) is to make an insulating box for our attic stairs.  There is a gap where the stairs meet the ceiling and no insulation over the stairs.  Talk about an energy drain!   

We also need to caulk around the windows and put insulation in all the exterior wall outlets, but thats not very crafty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #327 on: September 19, 2007 08:45:19 AM »

I
June already!!
Plastic milk bottles make up most of the waste in my recycle bin, and I have no ideas at all what I can re-use them for  Undecided

Backtracking to the cleaning, I used eucalyptus  and tea tree oil in the water when I washed the floors today and everywhere smells so nice (as well as being clean!) but I'm struggling to find Borax.
FredPie, I agree with your rant about disposable cloths for EVERYTHING nowadays, although I will admit I like them for cleaning my toilets (stone the heretic!!!!)

I use plastic milk bottle for craft patterns I plan to reuse,and for stencils, I clean them out very well and cut out as much of the reusable parts as I can them place them under a weighted item for several days to flatten the pieces  out so they are more useable.

And after all this time, I've only thought of using cardboard! That's such a nifty idea
Awesome Tip! no more milk jugs for the dog to play with!

For those of you doing this months theme do any of you have an energy saving house all ready?
My house all ready has the energy saving windows and we recently replaced all the light bulbs with those energy efficient ones.
I do like the ideas of blankets but it's too warm here for those yet...
The house stays warm and cool pretty well so I would love some other ideas!
I am trying to be more eco friendly. I figure I may not be great at the entire thing but every little bit helps right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

not super active, but still crafting and post lots on facebook.
RougeRaven
« Reply #328 on: September 19, 2007 08:48:04 AM »

oooo...  energy efficient crafting?  I can get behind that!  I'm kind of new here (joined awhile ago, but then moved and just resurected my craft room after a year in storage).  But we have been working on renovating our new house, and energy efficiency is a major goal of mine!  Mr Ruby, however, is an electrician who loves lots of lighting and hates CFLs.  For lighting, our compromise is dimmers everywhere. 

But, enough about that.  Our goal for this weekend (even before seeing this craftalong) is to make an insulating box for our attic stairs.  There is a gap where the stairs meet the ceiling and no insulation over the stairs.  Talk about an energy drain!   

We also need to caulk around the windows and put insulation in all the exterior wall outlets, but thats not very crafty.

Maybe if you put glitter in the calk it'll count as crafty  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RougeRaven
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2007 08:51:10 AM »

I
June already!!
Plastic milk bottles make up most of the waste in my recycle bin, and I have no ideas at all what I can re-use them for  Undecided

Backtracking to the cleaning, I used eucalyptus  and tea tree oil in the water when I washed the floors today and everywhere smells so nice (as well as being clean!) but I'm struggling to find Borax.
FredPie, I agree with your rant about disposable cloths for EVERYTHING nowadays, although I will admit I like them for cleaning my toilets (stone the heretic!!!!)

I use plastic milk bottle for craft patterns I plan to reuse,and for stencils, I clean them out very well and cut out as much of the reusable parts as I can them place them under a weighted item for several days to flatten the pieces  out so they are more useable.

And after all this time, I've only thought of using cardboard! That's such a nifty idea
Awesome Tip! no more milk jugs for the dog to play with!

For those of you doing this months theme do any of you have an energy saving house all ready?
My house all ready has the energy saving windows and we recently replaced all the light bulbs with those energy efficient ones.
I do like the ideas of blankets but it's too warm here for those yet...
The house stays warm and cool pretty well so I would love some other ideas!
I am trying to be more eco friendly. I figure I may not be great at the entire thing but every little bit helps right?

The house I live in at the moment is fairly green; we have CFLs in the two rooms we used the most (living room and kitchen), low flow toilets and nearly all of our appliances are Energy Star. I want a compost pile but my father is diehard against it for whatever reason.

My home isn't quite as energy efficient but we are working on it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 65 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search
Crafting Ideas
Crafting How-Tos
Crafting Ideas
Crafting Topics

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Christmas Crack
Meal Prep Monday: Black Eyed Pea and Squash Soup
Craftster Featured Projects - Dedicated to the People Who Made It

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...