A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 315,264
Currently Running With Scissors:
203 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Seasonal/Monthly Scrapbook: Ideas or Websites?  (Read 1660 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit
1+

doomph
« on: November 12, 2004 07:00:32 AM »

Hi, I'm Jess, new here & this is my first post. I made a scrapbook for my boyfriend & i's six month anniversary & it turned out okay. There wasn't much of a theme & the adhesive I used was insufficent to say the least.

Can anyone suggest a very good, strong adhesive for scrapbooking? I don't use the top-slide scrapbooks, I don't like the look, so that might be an inconvience.

Also the theme for this scrapbook (it's for our year anniversary) is going to be seasonal. I might make it a month per page, not really sure yet. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas to use throughout the book that would tie into a seasonal theme?

Thanks so much & you all do amazing work!!
-Jess
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2004 07:16:38 AM »

Go to any craft store or scrapbppk store & you will find a plethora of adhesive ideas. It really depends on what you like to use, just make sure it's acid free. I use many diff kinds, glue dots, glue sticks, mono adhesive. It may be a trial & error kind of thing to see what you like.
As for tying your seasonal theme, do you want something uniform that make it all go together or just soething extra for it? Since it's an anniversary gift yuo could always do hearts. Just make the same few hearts for every page, but in colors & patterns that go with that month or season. Or I had an idea that I still haven't used to do a book that incorporates song lyrics. Lyrics about the season or month, or what you guys did in that month. Just some ideas off the top of my head!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
doomph
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2004 09:02:53 AM »

Thanks a lot, the hearts idea is good, I think i'll use that. & The lyrics are a good idea as well. I used several different adhesives for the last book. I used a glue pen, something similar to modge podge for some things, dots and photocorners. I guess there's no clear cut answer to a good adhesive. It's just disappointing that things fell off. Thanks a lot, though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2004 09:10:54 AM »

yeah, it sucks when you put so much work into something to have it fall apart!! I've found that the trick is to use the right adhesive for the right thing. It's easier to use a glue stick for somethings, but glue dots for another. Like I said, you kinda just need to experiment with it. I really love glue dots though. I think they may be my favorite, you just need to put enough of them on if you are glueing something big.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Wooden Spoons
Tute Tuesday: Mini Book Jewelry
Let's Spool Up!

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...